GS100 default battery - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:35 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks, unfortunetaly they do not ship outside US (and I'm overseas).

I've heard there is a source for the batteries in Honk Kong and some of our fellows bought a pair of 2010 mAh batteries for about 100 % fom him.

Any info ?

Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2003, 11:53 PM   #17
Outer Circle

Out of those links, how sells the better built batteries? I recall someone posting a battery link somewhere that actually made Pana batteries for Pana, but also sold them directly, and cheaper but without the Pana logo. :)

I'm looking to buy some cheap batteries for my JVCs. That's why I'm asking. When it says, "JVC" on them, they are way too crazy expensive---locally anyway.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:00 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Well, the actual price difference isn't that great. B&H sells these 2010 mAh batteries for GS70 (the one compatible with GS100)
for just about 10-15 US$ more (though out of stock right now).

I remember someone mentioned purchasing a few batteries from certain soucre in Honk Kong (via Ebay ?) and they turedn to be fully functional and new but for half price !

Would be interested to figure that link.

Alex
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:27 AM   #19
Major Player

Alex

Here is the link, Better You have to search the forum, before asking again and again, LOL ;-)

anyway here is the link for ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15056

I bought two from him. It works great.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:29 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks, sorry, next time will make a searh first.

Alex
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:32 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Sorry, but the link doesn't work for some reason, I'll try o search Ebay.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:52 AM   #22
Major Player

http://www.sabahoceanic.com is already selling the equivalent of VBD140 and VBD140. Not as low as the Hong Kong seller but still cheap. Check their link.

Frank, they also sell equivalent batteries for JVC.

Last time I asked them, the cells are made in Japan but the batteries are assembled somewhere else.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:53 AM   #23
Major Player

ooops.. I meant VDB140 and VBD210
Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:04 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Thanks Allan, bookmarked the page.

Alex
Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:31 AM   #25
Outer Circle

Thanks Allan. I see they're located in Las Vagas.

Are these batteries any good?

I didn't find the larger batteries for the MX300 there, just for the MX350. Are they the same batteries between these 2?

Also, I couldn't find the larger batteries for the GR-DVL9500, but I saw one for the GR-DVL9600---the same, right?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:47 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Yes, I'm curious whether there is a larger capacity on-camera battery then VBD210, or in order to get an uninterrupted operation for longer time one have to go for waist-type battery.

Alex
Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:55 AM   #27
Major Player

Yes, I'm curious whether there is a larger capacity on-camera battery then VBD210

As far as Pany Japan is concerned, there is NONE

or in order to get an uninterrupted operation for longer time one have to go for waist-type battery.

YES. Available only in Japan I believe.
This is just my observation. I think the rest of the world are more interested on this huge battery than the Japanese market. Except for the pros or those who shoot video for a living, I cannot imagine ordinary Japanese users to be carrying around a 400 gram battery on their waist, while say, shooting home videos, sports festivals, traditional festivals, events, or while sightseeing or just having fun. But if you really need LONG battery life, this is the only way to go.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:06 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Yeah, right, as I said :just out of curiousity" :-)

now I see the standard battery life is not that bad as thought, so once I'll acquire a longer one I'll be set.

Alex
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:14 AM   #29
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Samuel Raj : Alex

Here is the link, Better You have to search the forum, before asking again and again, LOL ;-)

anyway here is the link for ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15056

I bought two from him. It works great. -->>>

I dont know why the links are not working, when we click the link enclosed by the VBCODE [ u r l ], it adds automatically one more http// after the original one, so its not working. Even the copy paste of the link seems not working because the VBCODE adds three dots in between, so that also doesnt seem to work.

I should have posted this in some other topic, but wanted to let you know that links are not working.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:46 PM   #30
Major Player

Actually, the first time I saw a waist battery on anyone other than a news person was on a Japanese tourist in Waikiki. I thought he looked strange. Now I'm happy to look strange, too, because there is no way I could have gotten the three hours of footage I got over a six hour period without the waist battery. And it doesn't add much weight to the camera, for which I'm grateful, because holding that camera in low light conditions with a WA on was already enough to create sore arms.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant