NV-GS400 Picture! - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #61
Major Player

Well, my site maxes out at 800 Meg ;-).
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Your site actually uploaded the pics pretty fast. 800 megs? with all the clips and pictures now in there? hmm... okay, we'll let it go at that hehe! :)

Anyway, looking up close at the details, doesn't it seem to look more like an mx5000? Even that thin red thingy in the inner part and beneath focus ring. Does the gs100 have that too? I don't have a gs100 so can't really compare.
Joby Arandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #63
Major Player

finally some "news" =)
there were no specs, no pics for a while now, thanx for posting those.

e.Cam is the general Euro page for Pana camcorders.

I don't see any buttons behind the LCD. Can someone check if you can see buttong on your gs100 or mx500 from that angle in similar LCD position? I think on the 953 you can see something, and here you don't see anything. ?

Guy, thanx for hosting =)
George Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Chances are that the pic is of an unfinished prototype, and thus there are no buttons there.

Usually companies want to show off what they've got and if their not going to make the prototype available at a public viewing, then they can cut corners to get the pictures taken for product literature, etc.

While the pics are great, I still want a complete spec sheet! :)
Curtis Rhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:21 PM   #65
Regular Crew

George, on my mx5000, I can't really see any buttons behind the LCD from a similar angle. There's about almost an inch of space before you can see the buttons. I've uploaded mx500/5000 pic from almost the same angle and it doesn't show buttons either.

http://www.fortvir.net/modules.php?i...view_photo.php

So any similarities between the GS100 and GS400? What's that white button behind the GS400 LCD? Is that on the GS100 too? MX5000 doesn't have that.

I'd say pretty detailed job for a GS400 prototype. They even have the 'AUTO' label 'lit' up. Is that how it is, too, with the GS100? Oh well, more questions!!! lol! :)
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #66
Major Player

So any similarities between the GS100 and GS400? What's that white button behind the GS400 LCD? Is that on the GS100 too? MX5000 doesn't have that.

That's the power LCD button Joby (increases the brightness of the LCD 2x for better viewing even under bright sunlight), a standard feature among all 2004 models. That's why I am speculating that the GS400 will probably have the new big dial mode at the right back side and the cross-layout control buttons inside the LCD panel similar to the GS120, GS200 and GS55, replacing the jogwheel of the MX5K and GS100.

The GS100 looks cooler IMO.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Thanks much Allan. I wasn't aware of the features of the gs100 and 2004 models. And yes, you're right about that. I was just looking at some close up shots of the Black Mamba at Chuckmeister's and indeed, the layouts in as far as what can be compared so far, are different. Well hopefully, the looks notwithstanding, the 'cool' factor in the GS400 mightl be in it's better functionalities and technologies, whatever they might be turn out to be. :)
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #68
Outer Circle

Quote:
Chances are that the pic is of an unfinished prototype....
That could very well be true since one of the Pana headquarters had 2 dummy-like, unfinished GS400's. That was about 6 weeks ago.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #69
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Joby Arandela : Thanks much Allan. I wasn't aware of the features of the gs100 and 2004 models. And yes, you're right about that. I was just looking at some close up shots of the Black Mamba at Chuckmeister's and indeed, the layouts in as far as what can be compared so far, are different. Well hopefully, the looks notwithstanding, the 'cool' factor in the GS400 mightl be in it's better functionalities and technologies, whatever they might be turn out to be. :) -->>>

Other than the power LCD, the functions and technologies seem to be similar (based on available specs). But if the GS400 adapts the new universal design of Pany (as I described in my last post), actual cam operation would be a little different; more convenient to beginners and those who shoot in full auto most of the time, but probably less desirable for heavy manual feature users). The GS100 certainly could be improved in terms of widescreen quality and if the GS400 has 1MP ccds, that should effect some difference. Any improvement in low-light performance is quite desirable as well (although the GS100 is good enough for my personal needs).

I wonder, if a limited edition black GS400 comes out, how would we name it then? :-))
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:47 AM   #70
Outer Circle

Black Mamba 2.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:05 AM   #71
Regular Crew

You spell mamba wrong.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:33 AM   #72
Outer Circle

Fixed. Thanks! You have a sharp eye. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant