Hurrah for the MX5! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 4th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #1
Outer Circle

Hurrah for the MX5!

Now look at this. I forgot about the pop-up flash. I wonder if it can be triggered 30X per second in frame mode---naaa, I doubt it. It's meant for picture perfect moments when shooting in the dork. The Colour Night Mode is for shooting video in dorky dim light, and not completely dork. It probably gives you the film look too, a grainy lazy look. Perhaps the high resolution is also partly responsible for Pana's newly developed AXIS technology, going beyond conventional average calculation by adding differential calculation to obtain pixel interpolation data. Sounds good to me. Hurrah for the MX5! Don't you wished you had one? (Pokey does.)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #2
Major Player

frank you really do know how to pull out the best in things. i don't know if i ever would have wanted color night view because of the "film look" yes it is grainy and has that jerky motion of film. who knows if you ever need a job maybe you should get into real estate selling the 'bad' as good.

Justin
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Outer Circle

I used to be a used car salesman, and a very good one too. :-))
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:55 AM   #4
Major Player

yes i had it in the back of my mind. I will just clarify now that i wasn't saying the the mx-500 is rubbish its just that its only bad point is the bad light and you were talking it up. i don't want anyone coming in here and thinking it is rubbish because i love this camera and i think most people would be impressed. I think you probably figured that heh frank because you know what i think of mine because i am always talking about it. Heh isn't it funny with real estate how many oxymorons there are. Old world charm means that it is in need of a renovation. Natural surroundings means it needs landscaping and a good weed and the list goes on.

Justin

P.S. heh frank ur not a panasonic rep trying to sell us cheap cameras are you
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:07 AM   #5
Outer Circle

I thought you saw the humour in what I wrote (and write). No, I don't work for anybody, and the used car thing was a "fib."
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:26 AM   #6
Old Boot

"Believe me . .I'm a used car salesman!" . . a FIB! Yeah . .right! . .You think I believe you when you say it is a fib! . .Pull the other one . . I wasn't born yesterday - huh! WHo do you think I am? Mister Green from the Planet Green?

. .. Frank please don't change . . . your most AVID [ or should that be VEGAS? But then it wouldn't work . .. now look what you've got me into!?!?!? ] followers - Grazie!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:38 AM   #7
Outer Circle

Thanks, Graham. It's something that developed during childhood, and now at 50, I still haven't been able to shake it; but then I have never really tried. It keeps my cat entertained, and she's everything to me. I'm still trying to teach her to keep still when I attempt to take pictures of her.
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #8
Major Player

=)
hey.. you should call Pana and ask them to pay you! =)
after all they pay me for the GS400 promo ;-)
George Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #9
Outer Circle

Ha! Pana send me a free one? You got to be kidding! They're in it for the money, and they don't give nothing away.
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #10
Major Player

hehe =) Frank, i was just kidding =)))

If I could get my hands on a GS400 I have been stolen it long time ago!... it's like i'm getting a problem with addiction to this cam ;-)
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #11
Outer Circle

It's an addiction I can relate with. I have a similar relationship with my Nikon FM2T. Cheeks is what I shoot.
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #12
Major Player

do those cheeks have feathers? =)

by the way.. GS400 .. HD720p ..!
this doesn't get any better... =)
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #13
Outer Circle

You mean, MPEG2? Oh, no.
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #14
Major Player

heh frank i saw the fun in it all and i too was playing along with it. i've gotta say also that i am very curious about this camera and i can tell you that if they fix up the low light problems even slightly and it does turn out to be HD like george has said in another post then i might be upgrading much sooner than i thought. I saw the GS120 for 1700 the other day at a store an all i can say that a price like that in australia is at the middle end of the consumer market and means that this cam is way ahead of its competitors. if the gs400 follows the lead then it too will be very cheap and you might even be able to pick it up for less than the mx500 who knows heh. if so i might be a potential customer. heh frank i realise you don't sell pana you have a very unoppinionated view and all that you say is backed up by facts. thats what i like. a sales person might justforget to tell us about low light problems all together. great work guys

Justin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant