Panasonic DVX100 Setup Menus - Supplement - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 17th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #16
Barry Wan Kenobi

Chris, I know what you mean. As Jan said (and thanks for the endorsement by the way Jan!) I have a DVX100, not the 100A. I had to borrow a 100A to do all the testing and research on it.

... and initially, when the 100A was introduced, I thought "nope, not enough to make me feel like I need to upgrade."

... but the more I went through it, and the more I used the 100A, the more I wanted one.

Everything about the 100 is in the book, of course. All the menu settings in the DVD use only the 100 settings. But I had to include all the 100A settings, and spell them out specifically (so 100 users wouldn't be confused), and man, it sure made me want a 100A! If it wasn't for the impending high-def camera, I am sure I'd have gotten a 100A a long time ago! As it is, we just bought a 100A for an indie feature we're doing, but that's not mine, it's the cinematographer's...
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:28 AM   #17
Panasonic Broadcast

Hi Chris,

Why would I flame you? I think that your feelings may well be accurate, but you should know there have bee a great number of films done with the DVX100 and not the DVX100A, in fact I would bet more. The film that won the Best in Cinematography award at Sundance in 2004 was done with the DVX100.

The DVX100A was a an outgrowth of the DVX100. It is not only reasonable, but rational the the A does more. But the 100 is a mighty little camera and frankly still holds up to the competition extremely well. Your camera is no slouch. And all that is in that little book is useful, the more you understand how the controls work the camera the less of a victim you are to the shoot.

You might find that by joining the DVX discussion below you will find other brethren that have the same little camera and are darn proud of it.

Best regards,

Jan
Old March 18th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #18
New Boot

Dear Jan,

We all appreciate very much your contirbutions here and that's why I dare ask you, and hope I won't be putting you in a difficult position:

Please tell me that by buying now the DVX100AE I won't be missing something significant of this forthcoming upgrade I've read about, the 'b' model... Or that you're not going to get the camera out of market anytime soon and replacing it with something even better, I should absolutely wait to get my hands on... (hi-def is not a major concern here, thus I decided NOT to wait for that new camcorder -besides, who knows when it will be available in the EU...)

Thanks in advance and I eagerly await...

-Sotiris.
Sotiris Damatopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #19
Panasonic Broadcast

As far as I know it is only changes to come into compliance with the ROHS initiative for Europe. Might be a color change, but I see nothing that should hold you back.

Best,

jan
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Ken,
thanks for the link it's very informative. I'm a proud new owner of a DVx100 and I must say that nothing was missed with this camera.
It's like a mini DVCam:)

Thanks,
Mick
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #21
New Boot

Thanks & looking forward to the DVX100A Supplement

Thanks for posting this info. I'm new to video production & have no idea what many of the features in the menu do. I just use the preset, hopefully I'll be able to get a more film-like quality by tewaking some of the settings.

Thanks again,

Hugo
Hugo Hanriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #22
Major Player

Does anyone have that orignal manual with sample shots and stuff anymore?
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:16 AM   #23
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. King
Does anyone have that orignal manual with sample shots and stuff anymore?
The only Manual/DVD that had shots was/is the DVD that is sold by Barry Green, the DVX Book. You can find him on this site. His book is excellent and worth every penny.

Hope that helps,

Jan
Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM   #24
Tourist

Any suggestions for my DVX-100

Hi Guys!
I'm new to this site and need some input about my camera. I purchased my DVX-100 about 3 years ago. Recently I've been noticing that it looks washed out. I think it might just be a setting that needs to be adjusted, but I don't know which one. I've check the iris setting, the black levels and other buttons but haven't had any luck. Is there a way to set the camera to its original factory settings?
I mainly use the camera to shoot weddings and bands. In the dark with stage lighting it looks okay, but in regular light it looks washed out.
The camera was used to shoot a documentary with studio lighting, since then it has that haze about it.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen
Karen Ferrara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM   #25
Barry Wan Kenobi

You can restore each and every scene file to its initial settings, as well as the user file. For the scene files, go in the scene file menu and look at the last menu item, should be "save/init"; choose "init" and it will restore that scene file to the factory original settings. You'd do that for each of the six scene files.

For the user file, that's in another menu, I think it's "other functions" but I don't remember right off hand, but you can do the same "init" thing on it.

There's also a reset button that you can push with a paperclip, look in the manual and read about it before attempting that though.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM   #26
Tourist

fire wire problem

hi
i'm cinematographer based in bucharest,romania.
i'll appreciate if somebody will help in my problem.
i own a panasonic dvx100ae pal 25p.
is almost new , but durind my firs transffer session using a fire wire cable
fire wire something happened and this "ilink" didn't work at all.

any idea?

the transfer was made in front of me by a video editor , but he by-passed the fire wire through his sound board (pinaccle capture tool allowing also to capture image).
i asked him if is ok and he told me no problem.

that day we stop the session , he captured the material later using a different player, but , most important for me , my dvx don't work no more.

if somebody have advices , i'll apreciate

ovidiu marginean
www.cinematographer.ro
Ovidiu Marginean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:47 AM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen van Vuuren
PAL brochure but very useful all DVX100 users with example shots and explanations of camera settings, menu etc.

http://www.rexelvideo.com.au/Whats%2...x100powerl.pdf
I believe this link is outdated. Any other tips?

Thanks,

Jeroen
Jeroen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #28
Inner Circle

jeroen, that link was when Rexel were the distributors of Panasonic gear here in Australia. Now that the HVX exists, Pana have taken the reigns of theor own horse..
Best to check the Panasonic websites for more info
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant