Camera dosen't show up using firewire at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 10th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #1
Tourist

Camera dosen't show up using firewire

My camera isn't showing up on my laptop g4 powerbook. The beach ball spins,,,,, but as soon as I unplug the firewire everything goes back to working normal. When I open Final cut pro 4 - it says it doesn't see anything DV device. Is theier something wrong with my camera or is there something else I need to download for this camera?
Barney Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #2
Warden

What OS are you using?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #3
Tourist

os 10 - I'm at work right now, but I think at home it's 10.2.1? Actually the camera has been making the computer hang for awhile until I unplug the firewire. Sometimes though, the computer does see it! I'm really stumped with this one! any advice would help!
Old September 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #4
Warden

Upgrade to 10.2.8 using the combo update from the Apple support site. The upgrade is free, but fairly large at 97MB. I hope you have broadband.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #5
Tourist

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try! I have broadband at Work (I work for Comcast) But I live way out in the country and only have dial up. I'll burn a CD, bring it home and give it a try. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Tourist

Dang it!...It still doesn't work! I plugged a Hi8 dv cam in the firewire ports and the computer recognized it. But, unforetunately it doesn't see the ag-dvx100. I have a feeling that the firewire port on the ag-dvx100 is bad. What do you think?
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #7
Warden

It is beginning to look that way, indeed. Did you repair permissions after updating the OS to 10.2.8?

Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant