Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 18th, 2005, 06:15 AM   #136
Major Player

Studio EVF WV-VF65

Anyone know where I can get the pinout connections for this 5" CRT?

the connector has 8 pins in a circle

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #137
New Boot

hlep with settings in camera and premiere

ok I have the DVX100, want to use the 25p, what are the best settings on the camera for this, and also want to edit in premiere 1.5, what are the best settings for this, digitising etc, and finally wil drop to DV for vdeo projecting...best setting anyone..I'm really confused after reading all the posts so far..please assist
Anton Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:37 AM   #138
Regular Crew

Vast, valloping, monstrous praise + another just bought my DVC 30

Hello!

As promised, I will start with the praise:

I have been reading the board for just about 2 months, during these I've just started to dip into all the knowledge, wisdom, practical tips and tricks present on your wonderful board -> hopefully it will be "our" wounderful board one day... (just getting a little carried away..).

I pretty much based all of my equipment decision on opinions present on this board, so I've come to the following conclusions...

DVC-30
AT-897
Manfrotto 351B Legs (this is the German expression...) + the Manfrotto 503 head
+ some filters, the XLR Port and a microphone "Rycotelike" Softie from a German company.

+ as you have probably heard a lot already there is a distinct mood/atmosphere on the board that can't just be due to the usage of full names. You all are very, very civilised, not to say exceptionally polite in interacting with each other.

I bought the accesoires from B&H, the camera from globelmediapro.com, who seem to also be worthy of support. B&H unfortunately didn't carry the cam in PAL at the moment. Right now the camera is on its way to a friend of mine in the US, who will be picking it up soon in order to get it to me in Germany on a safe way through customs.

I wouldn't have gone through the trouble if I had the funds available to buy the camera in Germany.. now, as all of you can imagine, I wouldn't have wanted to spend money in Germany knowing at the same time, that for a little more time and nerves I would have gotten a completely different and bigger and better result :) .

Thank you once more, I'm sure you will see me again these weeks...

Have a good day!

Greetings from Germany,

Matthias Zimmermann

PS: Matthias Zimmermann is not available any more, that's why I am M. Zimmermann

PPS: You might be able to visit my homepage and give me some feedback about it, it is in english, but still expanding!

www.mattzi.de
Mathiu Zimmermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #139
Regular Crew

Murderball--wow!

I had the feeling watching this movie the way people talk about how everyone who saw the Velvet Underground started a band. It was a really good doc, but the amazing thing to report here was that DVX blown up on on 35mm, projected on the biggest screen at the SF Film Festival. I thought maybe I had heard wrong, and it was actually shot on 16mm or HD, and went up to ask the filmmakers afterwards to make sure. I was nervous, cause we'd just bought a DVX for our doc, and was afraid I'd see the same old video-ness. It was, quite simply, mind-boggling. The different looks they got out of it, the clean-ness of the images...I even liked it better than some HD I've seen on 35mm.

Everything changes when you can make things beautiful on MiniDV.

Arne
Arne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:51 AM   #140
Major Player

DVC30s in Harrisburg PA?

Anyone out there live in the Harrisburg, PA area and own a DVC30?
I was looking for a semipro/hobbyst in my area to talk about the possibility of helping each other out from time to time on multicamera shoots...

kevin spahr
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #141
Major Player

DVC grabs??

Does anyone have DVC30 frame grabs and moving footage? Also I see that it has CineGamma installed in the firmware, can anyone provide which settings it has in comparison to a dvx100a?
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #142
Major Player

Multiplier lens for 100A?

Are there any focal length multipliers that work well with the 100A besides the Century Optics version? I could really use one but $850 at B&H is out of my price range.

I've found other 1.6x (or so) multipliers, but they won't work on the 100A because the lens is too big.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #143
Regular Crew

How to edit Panny aj900pd 60P???

Ok, it's wrong forum, but anyone know where to go for info on how to edit 480p from Panasonic aj900 wap. No one at Panasonic booth at NAB knew.
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #144
Regular Crew

White Balancing Issues

Nevermind found it in the "search" pages

Last edited by Mick Isdes; May 24th, 2005 at 02:31 PM.
Mick Isdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #145
New Boot

Need Technical Book on DVC30

Barry Green's DVD and book on the DVX 100 seems very popular on this forum. Is there an equivalent book/DVD for the DVC30? If not, how much of the DVX Book and DVD would be useful for a DVC30 operator? Thanks in advance.

PEACE
Steve
Steve Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #146
Tourist

A little help with move-match settings DVX100 24P footage?

Hi everyone,

I've got some footage shot with a DVX100 in standard 24P mode. I need to bring it into BOUJOU to move-match and I'm a little uncertain of the settings. Should I take it from the camera into a NLE that can preserve the progressive frames and save as TGA files that I then take into BOUJOU as 24 fps footage? If I capture the footage into Premiere Pro 1.5 does it remove the pull-down or is it something I need to do elsewhere?

I have the footage captured on a Mac using FCP4.0 HD and those clips are QuickTime files. I have no idea what settings to use if I bring those quicktime clips into BOUJOU. In short, I'm totally confused as to what I have and would just as soon start from scratch and do it right rather than end up with cruddy interface artifacts.

By the way, the intended use of the footage is going to be VIDEO so it's eventually going to be played 29.97 and will have to have pull-down at some point. My understanding is that the VX100 does the pull-down for you when you capture it but that some NLE's can remove it and give you a 24P pipeline that should allow me to work with progressive frames -- but I'm really not sure how to go about this.

Hope this isn't too rambling a question.

Mark
Mark A Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #147
Regular Crew

Post pictures of your DVX100/A setups

I've looked around a lot for a thread like this, but didn't find one. Sorry if this already exists.

Could people please post pics of their DVX100 or DVX100A setups? Just an interest of mine. Thanks a lot,

~Clint Grant~

P.S. (I'd post a picture myself, if I had a DVX...........)
Clint Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 02:25 AM   #148
New Boot

mic clip missing

G'day
When i bought my dvx100 there was no external mic holder. dose anyone know where to ge a replacement one? or what is best was to attach an external mic to the camera?

thanks
Joel Loxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #149
Inner Circle

Chromakeying with the DVX

hey all..
its been a while since ive chromakeyed using the DVX.. so im going to run some tests to see what will work and what wont..

Now ive changed my settings to crush blacks and mute the red tones a bit to give more of a natural skin tone as opposed to the red warmth which is so horrid (to my weyes anyway)

Ive also lowered the detail a lil bit as i really do hate that supersharp video look..

BUT.. the question befalling me now is what woudl be the ideal configuration for a green screen shoot??

Heres a run down of the lighing im using -
Lowel Tota with diffusion brella (awesome unit and softens shadows so nicely... bit bright though at 800w)
Sachler Reporter75 on a stand used as a key light
and another Sachler for a backlight.. but im not too sure if this is a good way to do it though.. but this is what i did in the past and results were ok if a bit cardboard cutout-ish.. but i think that was from the backlight..

In the past i just used the same configs mention above on the camera, but i just dulled down the chroma phase and ran a CineGamma matrix (as oppsed to flurou or norma) to level out the dynamic range and its worked out ok...

Now this was back when the DVX first model was out.. and since the 100a, there are afew extra configs in the scene file which arent in the Original release, like detail coring, and afew new cinegamma settings etc

Does anyone know of a good Chromakey scene setting for the 100 or the 100a???
Ive got both models, so calibrating the cameras can sometimes give me the shits due to the gamma and detailing differences....

i havent tried out my new screen yet, but its not your normal satinish/felt kinda green.. its more of a fibreglass type of plastic nylon weave.. it was given to me so im not too phased about its make, but its so huge, i have to try it out.. and i didnt pay for it so that helps too...

any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #150
Regular Crew

DVX Video out cable

I need to pull cable from our DVX's to monitors. Has anyone tried with a 50-foot cable? Does the signal carry?
Cemil Giray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant