Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 12th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #121
New Boot

Loud Intermittent Buzz in Analog Capture

I am getting a loud intermittent buzzing sound when trying to convert some old 8mm video to DV. The buzz drowns everything out and lasts for a second or two and occurs every few minutes. When it happens I can sometimes see something funny going on in a narrow strip at the bottom or top of the preview, although the bottom strip is a defect that is there much of the time, depending on the tape. I don't believe I hear the buzz when viewing the tape on a TV but if this is a critical issue I can test.

Setup: Source tape in Sony deck or camcorder - buzzing happens in same place regardless of source hardware. A-D conversion with passthrough in DVX100A. Capture either to fast Pentium 4 running XP Pro, Premiere Pro and onboard firewire or slower Athlon system running XP Pro, Ulead Video Studio 7 and quality Firewire add-in card.

I asked about this in Now Hear This and received a suggestion that it might be too hot audio. I can't see a way to attenuate the audio presented through the RCA jacks.

I made a sample so you can hear what this sounds like:

(647K)
http://www.sharemation.com/dvwannabe/DV/AnalogCapBuzz.wav

Here is what it looks like:
(27K)
http://www.sharemation.com/dvwannabe/DV/AnalogCapBuzz.jpg

I'm a newbie. Any suggestions greatly appreciated including how to work around if nothing can be done to eliminate or diminish the capture of the buzz.
Steve London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:19 AM   #122
Regular Crew

Frame Rate Recomendations

Frame Rate Recommendations

I am getting ready to shoot a new movie that is technical in nature. It’s a how to movie that involves close ups of a lot of equipment, screen shots-but also a lot of talking head shots. I want it to be artsy but am most concerned with clear images and good color.

I did another movie kind of like this and did it all in 30p. I did it because the end product is a DVD and will be seen just as much on computer monitors as on NTSC screens. I was told 30p was the only way to eliminate banding.

Any tips welcome, I am looking to make this movie better in general than the last one and of good quality on as many different type of monitors as possible.
Kent Dammand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #123
Regular Crew

Vegas Preview - External Monitor?

Ok my question is, I am editing an indy music video in 24p standard mode from the dvx100, my project is setupas 23.97 and I want to preview in external monitor, however I am not all to sure about the Sync offset frames etc. in the preferences / video device. The default is 4 but when I use 5 it looks better, What SHOULD I be using? all this frame rate stuff is really confusing? thank god for dvinfo huh? thanks to anyone who replys :)
Lyndon Golanowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 07:29 AM   #124
Regular Crew

looking for good on board microphone for DVX

I've just started shooting the documentary of Jazz music. It's one men crew; the most the time, I'll be prepare for shoot anytime that means I have to depend on "on board microphone" and easy set ups.
Do you have any suggestion for this kind of situation?
I need good microphone for music recording.
please help.
I have MKH416T but I need transfermer box and won't fit DVX's microphone mount (416T is too thin and I have to tape up to secure the microphone).
Chosei Funahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:17 AM   #125
Regular Crew

Buying a DVX100 in China ?

I was wondering if anyone had experienced buying a DVX100 in China ?

China adheres to the PAL standard and the camera therefore does 25P like in Europe.

It is sold under the name Matsushita AG-DVC180MC, but everything else seems identical to the European version... except for the price, since it sells for approx. 2300 Euros, which is about half the price you'd pay in Europe.

My main concern is with the menus. I wonder if they can be shown in English...

Any chinese DVi or DVx users around ? :-)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ode%3dSM020220
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #126
New Boot

AG-DVC60 now on Panasonic site with brochure pdf

I will be ordering this camera... what is your guys estimation as to when it will actually be available since it is now up on the official site? News release said September but is there any chance it is early since it is now up on the site? please say yes...

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=71697&catGroupId=14571&modelNo=AG-DVC60&surfModel=AG-DVC60
Mike Scarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM   #127
Tourist

Capturing 25p with FinalCutPro 4

I filmed something on the 25p mode with my AG-DVX100. Now I want to capture it with Final Cut Pro at 25p mode. I do not know how and can't find the right setting.
Can someone please help me?

Bas
Bas van Oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:05 AM   #128
Regular Crew

steadycam and dvx100 settings

For anyone interested on the settings to use with the steadycam jr lite( no monitor) I have posted some settings across in the support your camera post.
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:00 PM   #129
Tourist

Panasonic DVX100P and Final Cut Pro HD Questions...HELP!

I am having some issues capturing footage from the AG-DVX100P into Final Cut Pro HD.....and I need help...

The footage is 24p Standard and the time code is Free Running. I notice many times after capturing that the footage duration in the FCP browser window is incorrect even though the capture scratch has the full clip.
I have set the device control to non drop frame time code.

Are there any other camera/final cut settings that may affect this?

Using the DVX should i set any pre/post roll delay settings in the capture settings? (default is 3 seconds) I find that i lose the beginnings and ends of clips sometimes...

For free running timecode what should I set the time source tab to in the device control window?

I realize some of this may be Final Cut Pro related but there are some camera questions here to ;-)

Thanks a million in advance....
Craig Humphries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #130
New Boot

30p or 29.97p?

someone on another forum asked me this and I realized I didnt know the ansewer

"Areyou actually shooting in 30p or 29.97p? as I understand it, the DVX-100 runs 29.97 (30p) and 23.98 (24p)"
Jim Bacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM   #131
Regular Crew

Auto Off Cylinder Lock Message (what is it?)

I am trying to play/record with several tapes and I keep getting this message. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?
Thanks.
Carlos Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:01 PM   #132
Regular Crew

DVX100/A viewfinder eyepiece protector?

Does any company make an eyepiece protector attachment for the DVX100? Is there a component made for a 16mm or 35mm motion picture camera which might be adapted for this purpose?

I have heard that on some professional cinematography packages there is a little device which bolts onto the viewfinder and has a spring loaded iris before the eye cup which expands when mild pressure is applied and contracts when lifted. This serves to block out 99% of direct sunlight from a camera's sensitive viewfinder monitor in a very easy way.

Has anyone seen where I can buy it? :)
Craig Weinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #133
Major Player

DVC60 BUZZ audio problem

Hello there,

I got a DVC80 and a DVC60, i work with the same external mic in the 80 and in the 60 (it is a Shure SM58) using the XLR inputs

Wheni use it in the DVC80 it works just fine and the audio is pretty clear, but i the DVC60 i get a BUZZ sound that have ruined my bussiness and i spent hours correcting the audio.

Anyone also have this problem ??

Any help could help.. thanks.
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #134
Major Player

Water housing for DVC30?

Anyone know of (or used) a housing compatible for the dvc30?
Kevin James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #135
Major Player

DVX100 Feature 'Four Eyed Monsters' at SXSW

For those of you attending the 2005 SXSW Film Festival in Austin, TX this week, this Friday is the last opportunity to see the Feature Film, Four Eyed Monsters. Four Eyed Monsters premiered in competition at the 2005 Slamdance Film Festival, and made its regional premiere last week at the 2005 SXSW Film Festival.

Shot on a DVX100 with an anamorphic lens, a DVX100A, and a Sony TRV900, the film blends a narrative story with documentary elements and animation to create a very unique film.

The last screening at SXSW will be this Friday, March 18th at 4:30 P.M. at the Alamo S. Lamar theater.

You can read the Film Threat Review here.

I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who gets a chance to see the film.
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant