Where or how in the world do you get one?? (GH2) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #31
Trustee

Re: Where or how in the world do you get one?? (GH2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gediminas Sulcas View Post
" It's the only DSLR/DEVIL cameras on the market now with a moire 'off switch'. "

What did u mean? ex. tele. conv?
Yes, when shooting in EX TELE mode the video isn't resized in the camera so there is no moire that is caused by resizing.

RE availability - Most of the major resellers like B&H are getting regular shipments in now so the wait for shipment should only be a few days.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #32
New Boot

Ok, maybe, i didnt note that. But i realy dont like quality of this mode, their apear some noticeable noise. But, overall, sometimes i use this mode... u can do some nice macro, and use it in other situation like u said.
I realy like gh2, and dont offer to choose other dslr, but new t3i/d600 has same ex TELE conv function. And you can choose from 1-10 steps or something
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I checked one of those in stock tracker websites and found 2 at amazon. i bought one and the second one was gone by the time i finished placing my order.
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #34
Major Player

There is a GH2 with at 14 to 140mm for sell on the private classified forum.
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Forrest View Post
There is a GH2 with at 14 to 140mm for sell on the private classified forum.
Not any more :D
Kevin McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #36
Major Player

I still see it, did he sell it?
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #37
Major Player

I sure hope so since I paid him for it
Kevin McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #38
Major Player

Well then you would know.
Enjoy!
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kilroy View Post
There seem to be plenty here in UK. I ordered one on Amazon and it was delivered the next day, trouble is I'm not happy with the moire patterning on fine detail so it's going back tomorrow. Nice camera shame about the image.
Just today went into John Lewis department store, plenty in stock.
none in AUS - they seem to have forgotten us
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kilroy View Post
There seem to be plenty here in UK. I ordered one on Amazon and it was delivered the next day, trouble is I'm not happy with the moire patterning on fine detail so it's going back tomorrow. Nice camera shame about the image.
Wow! I don't know whether you got a camera with a fault or had it set up wrong but moire is something that is noticeable by its absence.. The image is also very noise free at high ISOs in low light. In many ways the video quality is superior to that of my Canon 5D Mk II. However the GH2 does feel like a little plastic toy in my hands compared to the 5DII.

I also can confirm plenty of stock in the UK. I ordered mine from Amazon & had it delivered the next morning & they still have plenty of stock.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #41
Major Player

Nigel. It may have been faulty as everyone seems to be astonished at my comments about it. Anyway I am going to give it another go. This time I'm going to pick one up and handle first it rather than send for one. I've just sold my JVC HD201s which I used as backups and lock-offs for stage shows so I need something to replace them, I'm hoping the GH2 will fit the bill as a couple of those will be much easier to lug about.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Wow! I don't know whether you got a camera with a fault or had it set up wrong but moire is something that is noticeable by its absence.. The image is also very noise free at high ISOs in low light. In many ways the video quality is superior to that of my Canon 5D Mk II. However the GH2 does feel like a little plastic toy in my hands compared to the 5DII.

I also can confirm plenty of stock in the UK. I ordered mine from Amazon & had it delivered the next morning & they still have plenty of stock.
Nigel can you explain further how the GH2 is superior to the Canon 5D Mark11 in video quality?
That would be most interesting if that is so. I still think the 5D mk11 is the video standard by which all still camera videos are judged, but I do love the GH2. If the GH2 can stack up to the 5D mark11 then that is saying something.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Hey Jim, there are a few side by side tests that show GH2 vs Mark 5. I am not able to find them right now, but they are out there. I watched approximately 50 various videos, if not a lot more having to do with the GH2 before I bought mine. I remember two test videos that specifically pitted these cams against each other. I also remember a couple more that tested for moire and low light capabilities.

I believe moire is pretty much accepted as less with the GH2 than with the 5d, but I might be mistaken.

Also seem to remember that Phillip Bloom's favorite of all is the 5d or 7d, but I can't remember which. He's tested them all, and he loves the GH2 very much, but his favorite is the one of the Canon's.

I don't have to tell you Jim, it is really preference in many cases. I would have gone with a t2i or t3i in a heartbeat, the differences are too small to mean anything. The 12 minute limit just doesn't work for me, not the way I shoot weddings. The option to use Canon lenses without adapters is very appealing to me.

I personally will jump ship the minute Canon makes an affordable M4/3 that works as well as the GH2, and I don't care which has the technically better images. If you look at the assortment of lenses available to Canon users, it would be silly to use anything else. Lenses are an investment. Cameras, not so much. Just my 2 cents.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Forrest View Post
Nigel can you explain further how the GH2 is superior to the Canon 5D Mark11 in video quality?
That would be most interesting if that is so. I still think the 5D mk11 is the video standard by which all still camera videos are judged, but I do love the GH2. If the GH2 can stack up to the 5D mark11 then that is saying something.
Lack of moire & aliasing is the major difference. The resolution looks similar. Low light performance is similar possibly better as there is remarkably little grain even at 2500 or 3200 ISO. I have not yet shot any video side by side but I certainly don't see the video quality of the GH2 being inferior in any way to the Canon DSLRs. The one downside is that when using 24Mbps AVCHD that the only frame rate available is 24fps whereas as I live in PAL land I would prefer to have 25fps available to match with the footage I normally shoot with the 5DII & other cameras. My alternative is to switch to 24fps for all cameras which then could cause hassles for DVD creation.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #45
Regular Crew

For any of you looking to buy a GH2, I have a 14-140mm kit lens for sale in the classified section. I'm only asking $645. You can find the GH2 body only in a lot of places. I just bought the 100-300 lens, so I'm selling the kit lens. Happy hunting. They are out there.
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series