First Impression - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 6th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: First Impression

Jim,

I was leaning towards the Indisystem as-well for a long time, but I would advise you to look up reviews on them... Not very many of them are good at all... plus I e-mailed them 4 times and got no reply! From what I gather its a one man show, so that could explain that... but the main complaint that people seem to have from them is the manufacturing of the parts is bad, making the parts hard if not impossible to tighten (there is a video where a guy tightens the front handles as far as they go and they still wiggle)

I went with Jag35 because they have a shinning reviews online, I couldn't find many bad at all.. I'm realy happy with the build quality, and as far as adding on for a monitor or mic/recorder, you can get all the parts as a kit like I did or you can get them individually.... so adding on to what I have is easy and cheap!

Here look at this kit, it comes with a monitor for $779
Straight DSLR Shoulder Rig | Jag35.com

What ever you go with do some heavy research to make sure it will work for you, because we are all different :)
David Grinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #32
Inner Circle

There are times that a shoulder mount system is necessary, but I personally don't care for them.

On the other hand, for wedding work, I am leaning toward the below product.

They are about to come out with an adapter that allows the whole little rig to be mounted onto a tripod.

Welcome to The Original CamCaddie universal Steadicam Steady Cam Camera Mount
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Grinnell View Post
Jim,

I was leaning towards the Indisystem as-well for a long time, but I would advise you to look up reviews on them... Not very many of them are good at all... plus I e-mailed them 4 times and got no reply! From what I gather its a one man show, so that could explain that... but the main complaint that people seem to have from them is the manufacturing of the parts is bad, making the parts hard if not impossible to tighten (there is a video where a guy tightens the front handles as far as they go and they still wiggle)

I went with Jag35 because they have a shinning reviews online, I couldn't find many bad at all.. I'm realy happy with the build quality, and as far as adding on for a monitor or mic/recorder, you can get all the parts as a kit like I did or you can get them individually.... so adding on to what I have is easy and cheap!

Here look at this kit, it comes with a monitor for $779
Straight DSLR Shoulder Rig | Jag35.com

What ever you go with do some heavy research to make sure it will work for you, because we are all different :)
Thanks. thats good to know. The Jag35 monitor is the best price I've seen and looks like it will run off the Canon LP-E6 batteries
.Did you buy it as well?
Curious to know what brand name it is or build quality and picture quality. It does say it does 1920x1080, so thats a plus.
I did try the Indisystem about 6 months ago with a 7D mounted on it and was quite happy with it, but it was new so I don't know if the handles become loose in time. I ended up selling the rig to someone who had a Sony EX3 that I wanted to buy. But if they do come loose in time, I will stay away from it.
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series