New Panasonic GH5 Official - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 10th, 2017, 02:29 AM   #181
Trustee

Re: New Panasonic GH5 Official

Detrimental to me and you know it!!!
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #182
Trustee

Ummmm,.....so, in other news,

I have read that pr-orders are very high for the GH5 and Panasonic is saying there will be delays on people getting theirs right away. I wonder how long this will be. I pre-ordered mine from B&H on the day they went up on their site.

Could we see and month or two in back order? Even longer? If so, how much will we see new GH5's go for on eBay for people that want them instantly?

Interesting supply and demand problem.

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:51 AM   #183
Inner Circle

I ordered my g80 beginning October last year and got it in end Januari this year, people ordering the fz2500 also had to wait quite long and by the looks of it this will be the same for the gh5 .
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #184
Trustee

Like Cliff, I ordered mine the first day it was offered on B&H...probably minutes within it first going up.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #185
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I ordered my g80 beginning October last year and got it in end Januari this year, people ordering the fz2500 also had to wait quite long and by the looks of it this will be the same for the gh5 .
I wonder if the first wave of GH5's will sell for ridicules prices on eBay. I was first in line for a DJI Mavic. I got it and sold it on eBay for $800 more than I bought it for just before Christmas. (and it literally sold the day after I put it up!) Even today, supply is still somewhat short.

Could a GH5 sell next month for maybe $500 (or more) over cost? Are there GH5 fans that would pay that rather that wait two months?

Hmmmmm.....
Old February 10th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #186
Inner Circle

You mean pay 500 more then the introductory price? Why would anyone do that? To get it a few weeks sooner? I actually will wait until the price goes down, you can be sure that by the ending of the year there will be stores selling for 1700 instead of 2K
Old February 10th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #187
Trustee

Well, here in the U.S. it took over 16 months for the GH4 price to drop.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 10:10 AM   #188
Trustee

I agree with you. I was surprised how many DJI Mavics sold for WAY over retail price in eBay. (and mine was happily one of them)

I suppose (maybe) there are allot of wealthy guys that out there dont give a crap about an overly inflated GH5 cost, they just whant their camera tomorrow, no matter what and they just refuse to wait. I guess you and I are not in that category! haha

CT
Old February 10th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #189
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
Well, here in the U.S. it took over 16 months for the GH4 price to drop.
That might also be linked on demand, as long as it sells well stores might be less inclined to lower a price, it's also important to check as many stores as possible because there is always one that eventually will do a discount which is often temporary, if I am able to get the gh5 with a 300 euro deduction before the end of the year I"ll report it here :)
Old February 10th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #190
Trustee

I believe that Panny does price controls just like Sony. "Official" Panny dealers cannot sell a GH5 for less than the fixed price unless Panasonic allows a sale for all dealers. If a dealer tries to undersell it, they risk losing their official dealer status.

An exception is "used" cameras. Sometimes stores on Amazon will open a camera box and sell at a discount because it is "used". That buyer saves money but might not get a "new" Panny/Sony camera warranty.

CT
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:43 PM   #191
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale View Post
Ok Steve i will remove the link
Well sorry but every single post on this forum sometimes people go of the subject from time to time but it was clear both you and Noa where now in full force to put me down not anyone else.
Hi Steve, cheers for removing the link. Much appreciated. Still not totally sure whether in posting it, you were attacking my work, the GH4 or 4K. Since the video you chose reflected none of them completely, it wasn't a great example to pick on anyway, so best removed.

As for your analysis, I understand what you're saying and you're right, I did start by referencing one of your videos I'd seen on this forum and my subsequent posts were more confrontation. I apologise for that. Had you stuck to what you did, saying you had seen one of mine you thought was a load of crap, I'd have felt fair enough, probably deserved.
However I think doing an Internet search on me, trawling my videos for one to throw back at me was a little over the top and actually then linking it here also, was in poor taste. It did surprise me that someone would go that far in what was a silly forum argument on gear. It's not something I would do, no matter the provocation. By all means, reference any messages or videos that I post in DVINFO in other threads, just consider what I don't post here as out of bounds.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #192
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Totten View Post
Ummmm,.....so, in other news,

I have read that pr-orders are very high for the GH5 and Panasonic is saying there will be delays on people getting theirs right away. I wonder how long this will be. I pre-ordered mine from B&H on the day they went up on their site.

Could we see and month or two in back order? Even longer? If so, how much will we see new GH5's go for on eBay for people that want them instantly?

Interesting supply and demand problem.

CT
I've got mine on pre-order as I did the GH4 and G80. In both cases I received them very promptly upon release. I'm sure there were similar rumours about delays when the GH4 came out. I'm hoping it'll be the same with the GH5 and that mine will still be in my hands on time.

Still it's good news for the GH5 and shows how popular the camera is even before its out. Of course such raised expectations run the risk of disappointment. I've seen posts on the GH5 Facebook page, where people are clearly expecting more from this camera than can be delivered. Perhaps such people will then flood eBay with their recently acquired GH5 and drive the price down to retail level.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #193
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Burkett View Post
Hi Steve, cheers for removing the link. Much appreciated. Still not totally sure whether in posting it, you were attacking my work, the GH4 or 4K. Since the video you chose reflected none of them completely, it wasn't a great example to pick on anyway, so best removed.

As for your analysis, I understand what you're saying and you're right, I did start by referencing one of your videos I'd seen on this forum and my subsequent posts were more confrontation. I apologise for that. Had you stuck to what you did, saying you had seen one of mine you thought was a load of crap, I'd have felt fair enough, probably deserved.
However I think doing an Internet search on me, trawling my videos for one to throw back at me was a little over the top and actually then linking it here also, was in poor taste. It did surprise me that someone would go that far in what was a silly forum argument on gear. It's not something I would do, no matter the provocation. By all means, reference any messages or videos that I post in DVINFO in other threads, just consider what I don't post here as out of bounds.
Ok no worries steve no problem and I apologise also.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #194
Trustee

I really think that the GH5 is going to be THE highest selling semi-professional market camera Panasonic has ever had. (unit sales)

I also believe that the GH5 is going to create an industry earthquake. Because it's so ridiculously overloaded with extreme professional features, it raises the standard for what a $2,000 camera "should" be allowed have. Every new camera moving forward with have to answer the GH5 question: "Does this new camera have what the GH5 has?" If that camera doesn't at least match the value that a GH5 gives,....that new camera is dead.

I dont think it's an exaggeration to say that the GH5 will permanently alter the old industry marketing and camera crippling rules and tactics of the past. It will force camera companies to do things that they really, really,REALLY dont want to do with every new camera in the future.

CT

Last edited by Cliff Totten; February 10th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #195
Major Player

Yes, not only is it something most professional shooters have been looking for in a compact package and at an affordable cost, it would also appeal to most knowledgeable consumer video users. The 4K/50,60p is something both the consumers and pros have long wanted but so far unable to afford or lived with the handling (think of the Sony FS7 or Canon 1DX Mk2). Though 10 bit 4:2:2 at the lower frame rates may appeal more to the professional types who could extract something extra from it, it would still benefit the consumers too as higher quality archive footage if they haven't had any specific idea yet on what to do with it.

I mean the price, the size, the flexibility of an interchangeable lens system and the generous amount of future proof for both the pro and consumer markets all for US$2K plus lens cost. There is no reason why it won't clean up the markets when it comes out even late in 3-4 month's time.
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series