New Panasonic GH5 Official - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 20th, 2017, 02:27 PM   #241
New Boot

Re: New Panasonic GH5 Official

Danilo Del Tufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 01:31 PM   #242
New Boot

Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM   #243
Trustee

New 4K60p video from the GH5:

Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #244
Trustee

I see in the GH5 thread in the Panasonic section below, a few people are actually receiving their cameras. I look forward to seeing their footage and hearing their opinions.

In the meantime I saw that B&H is having a GH5 livestream event on March 29th at 1pm.

Have their live events been worth watching before?
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #245
Inner Circle

This IS Panasonic's last great Mirrorless camera. Get it while you still can, cause Panasonic is packing their bags and leaving the digital camera business.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #246
Inner Circle

They are not packing, they are re-organizing.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #247
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
This IS Panasonic's last great Mirrorless camera. Get it while you still can, cause Panasonic is packing their bags and leaving the digital camera business.
They are just doing what Sony did a couple of years ago. I expect the consumer market for cameras is just about dead so only enthusiast and pro needs will be catered for in future much like Sony. The mobile phone has displaced cameras for most people and has easy posting to social media which is what people want. Also higher end cameras may get pressure from the new cameras like the GH5 and A7XXX for more professional productions too especially with the addition of Atomos Inferno for high quality recording.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #248
Inner Circle

I expect more from the ultra high end this year from Sony at NAB, but nothing for the prosumer, cause I guess they're riding on the momentum of the Alpha series and kind of putting less effort into NXCAM and XDCAM. Still holding true we will not see 4K 60p in the price range between the FS7MKII and the A7R.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #249
Major Player

Looking forward any video gear manufacturer who doesn't have the resources to focus mainly on the professional market, preferably the very high end part of it, will either have to transform themselves or die off. On the consumer side of the business the problem is two-folded, i.e. the maufacturers have no way to compete with cellphone makers on economies of scale. When we talk about cameras the number could be anywhere from thousands to ten or a few multiple of ten thousands at best for any particular model. For cellphone makers, the number could reach a million or over ten millions. From the consumer perspectives, the advantages of using cellphones as photo or video cameras are obvious, lower cost, much better portability, more convenient and unmatched versatility. The downsides? Inferior image quality, poor handling and the lack of physical features such as optical zooming etc. Though these are almost always true to certain extent, they certainly have not been enough to keep the users of this new age device from finding ways to get around its weaknesses to achieve results they hope for. The same cannot be said about camera or camcorder users.

For every Panasonic GH5 that comes out there would probably be at least hundreds or thousands Samsung Galaxy S8/8+s sold. Or the value (and I'm sure the profitability as well) of the entire range of Sony's best selling Alpha mirrorless cameras combined compared to the sales of iPhone 7. No 4K/60p, no optical zooming, etc.? Soon there will be. People can always argue about the superiority of any aspect of real cameras over cellphones but the jury has already been out and the numbers never lie.
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:12 AM   #250
New Boot

Old April 20th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #251
Trustee

Is it true the gh5 sexy beauties are full of moire and bad auto focus issues? I hope not as with all the hype i was looking to upgrade my canon c100 and 80ds..Someone tell me its all wrong...
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #252
Inner Circle

Yes lots of problems with the camera, main one being the camera has boring un bokeh camcorder look.
Old April 20th, 2017, 04:44 PM   #253
Trustee

Ah never mind will get one and test it against the 80d, as i may buy it just for my son to use at his soccer practice ! They need a camera just to keep the mothers happy for casual feedbak on a sunday after the match. I just hope the focus system keeps up with the players. should do as my g7 does sometimes but never gets it right, i always end up getting the 80d out.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #254
Inner Circle

If you need to know more about autofocus then check Max Yuryevs videos on youtube and especially the last one he did together with photojoseph. Your comment about moire I have not heard anything about, even if there is any, it can't be nearly as bad as on a canon 6d/70d.
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:46 PM   #255
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale View Post
Ah never mind will get one and test it against the 80d, as i may buy it just for my son to use at his soccer practice ! They need a camera just to keep the mothers happy for casual feedbak on a sunday after the match. I just hope the focus system keeps up with the players. should do as my g7 does sometimes but never gets it right, i always end up getting the 80d out.
If you want something to track sports with the Sony AX53 camcorder I think is a better choice. I have both the GH5 and the AX53 and the AX53 has a better stabilizer, smaller sensor so depth of field is wider and 20x zoom. Auto focus of both is not too different if you switch OFF the Custom settings on the GH5. Of course it costs half as much as the GH5 without lens too. AX53 shooting XAVC-S 50/60P gives a nice image.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series