Petition for Improvements for the HVX200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Tourist

Petition for Improvements for the HVX200

Fellow HVX200 owners or future owners.I wish others to join me in petitioning Panasonic in what the next model HVX should have.I know there are other threadscovering this.But I wish others write their demands here so I can send it directly to Panasonic.Who knows some or most wishes may be granted.If so we can be winners.Instead of waiting 3-4 models to finally receive the camera of out dreams.
I also encourage owners of HDV,XD CAM etc to do the same with Sony and start you'r own petition.
Rick Idak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #2
Tourist

Petition for improvements for the HVX200

I,ll start with
1) A one system switchable 50/60hz with 24,25,30,50,60,80fps Progressive and interlaced.

2) A true 1080x1920 pixel chip (full raster) 1/3" or go to 1/2".Like Sony has with the Express card camera.

3) A much larger and higher res flip out L C D screen . from 200k to 500k.

4) A much faster auto focus
Rick Idak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Rotate the menu control 90-degrees. ;)
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Idak View Post
I,ll start with
2) A true 1080x1920 pixel chip (full raster) 1/3" or go to 1/2".Like Sony has with the Express card camera.
i can't think of any video camera whose upgraded model has a different sensor. it's usually a completely different model.
Ali Husain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Major Player

true raster 1080p with more frame rates, no noise, a higher latitude and 1/2 sensor, low or non compression option (like ex1), native 16:9 chips.
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Husain View Post
i can't think of any video camera whose upgraded model has a different sensor. it's usually a completely different model.
Agreed. I think what we're really talking about here is the follow-on model....the HVX250 (or HVX300, or whatever).
The one thing about the HVX200 that sours the deal for me is all the reviews saying the HVX200 image looks soft compared to the competition. Better resolution is needed, but I think Panasonic has to be careful not to add too many new features, or they'll price themselves out of the market.
Now that I've said that .... is it really too expensive to have an LCD screen bigger than 3.5"? My eyes would sure be thankful for a 4.5" screen with at least 350K resolution.
Ken
Ken Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #7
New Boot

Shoulder Mount

I think it is so nice to have one like this with the same function of HVX200, Shoulder mount can make the camera good for take movie more zoom I mean more than 13X
Alaa Ghuniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa Ghuniem View Post
... same function of HVX200, Shoulder mount...
Already done: AG-HPX500, AG-HPX2000 etc.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #9
Major Player

I dont think panny would shoot themselves in the foot with features found in their much expensive cams. Generally speaking panny and sony dont offer products that would compete with their own higher end cams so i really doubt the 1/2" and the shoulder mount.
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #10
New Boot

the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Already done: AG-HPX500, AG-HPX2000 etc.
But in the same price ....no way ..I mean in the same price of HVX200 but shoulder mount
Alaa Ghuniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #11
Major Player

Lose the tape portion.

Provide a recessed and protected 6 pin firewire port.

Provide a much better LCD.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshdi Alkadri View Post
I dont think panny would shoot themselves in the foot with features found in their much expensive cams. Generally speaking panny and sony dont offer products that would compete with their own higher end cams so i really doubt the 1/2" and the shoulder mount.
I do think Panasonic is in sort of a bind with future models.

Sony has put out an HD camera with 1/2" chips at SD prices.

Panasonic has a 1/3" and a 2/3" model at greatly different prices $5,500 - $20,000 (with cheapest lens).

On price alone, Sony has offered something at $6,500 that competes in many ways with the Panasonic $20,000 model.

So Panasonic has to decide to impact their own line to compete with the 1/2" chip $6,500 camera and put something out that is between the HVX and the HPX, or just leave it be.

I think it is clear, a "refesh" with the same chips of the HVX is not what folks want.

It seems that 1/2" chips are not the largest market draw compared to 1/3" ro 2/3" (going from the SD days) but these cameras tend to be in the sweet spot for small business owners like myself who can not justify $20,000 per camera.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Idak View Post
Fellow HVX200 owners or future owners.I wish others to join me in petitioning Panasonic in what the next model HVX should have.I know there are other threadscovering this.But I wish others write their demands here so I can send it directly to Panasonic.Who knows some or most wishes may be granted.If so we can be winners.Instead of waiting 3-4 models to finally receive the camera of out dreams.
I also encourage owners of HDV,XD CAM etc to do the same with Sony and start you'r own petition.
Jan Crittenden is the U.S. HVX product manager (not sure if she handles foreign markets?). She is quite influential in any design/mods/new features for the HVX and she would be the one to send anything to but frankly I think you are wasting your time with this thread.

Jan spends a lot more time over at DVX User and there is one comprehensive, managed feature/HVX/200A/250/300 thread over there that is 25 - 30 pages long and has hundreds of feature requests. Jan has been posting answers and asking questions on that thread. Why do the same thing over here? It just clogs up this board with something that is not needed. From what I have seen here, every single one of the feature requests on this thread have already been requested on the DVX thread.

Just my opinion since I don't see Jan over here nearly as often.

Best,

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett View Post
Jan Crittenden is the U.S. HVX product manager (not sure if she handles foreign markets?). She is quite influential in any design/mods/new features for the HVX and she would be the one to send anything to but frankly I think you are wasting your time with this thread.

Jan spends a lot more time over at DVX User and there is one comprehensive, managed feature/HVX/200A/250/300 thread over there that is 25 - 30 pages long and has hundreds of feature requests. Jan has been posting answers and asking questions on that thread. Why do the same thing over here? It just clogs up this board with something that is not needed. From what I have seen here, every single one of the feature requests on this thread have already been requested on the DVX thread.

Just my opinion since I don't see Jan over here nearly as often.

Best,

Dan
Jan does hang out here also, so why not. Maybe some people dont want to join dvx user, or have problems with some other users there.
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshdi Alkadri View Post
Jan does hang out here also, so why not. Maybe some people dont want to join dvx user, or have problems with some other users there.
Fine with me, I'm just sayin'

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders