Petition for Improvements for the HVX200 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 14th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #31
Go Go Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshdi Alkadri View Post
so the new cam panasonic will give us will be good for both ENG/EFP and Digital Filmmaking, it will offer p2 support, more latitude, no noise, full raster 1080p, AVCHD...
Just to be clear, AVCHD is probably being confused (as it often is) with AVC-Intra. AVCHD is a consumer codec and similar to HDV is long-GOP, although it's supposed to be a slightly more efficient long-GOP. It's not a codec you'd want on a professional camera - AVC-Intra however, is the professional version you do want.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Agreed. AVCHD is a theoretical step up from HDV. It's more efficient, offering some combination of smaller files or higher quality. Both are long GOP.

AVC-Intra is a theoretical step up from DVCProHD for similar reasons. Both have fully independent frames.

I think a pro can still use AVCHD - just as a pro can currently use HDV. But it's for the bottom tier of the market. And it's not the right solution if you need quick turnaround.
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #33
Major Player

dope. sorry, i meant AVC-Intra, which is a step up from the dvc pro HD.
I was hoping for RAW files, but i know good luck
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders