Get a FREE 8 GIG P2 Card from Panasonic (Oct-Dec Customer) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #16
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Get the free 8GB card and the camera at a special price.

We have a generous stock of new HVX200's right now and are running a special.

If you are in the market for a camera - please check us out. We are going to clear these cameras out for inventory/tax purposes before the end of the year.

Thanks,

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group
www.omegaaustin.com
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #17
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Donnell
Unfortunately, the 8 GB P2 card offer is not as originally described, good for purchases made beginning 10-1-06, but is actually only good only for those customers who purchase beginning 11-1-06.
Not true, it's good from 10/1. They just updated the website to read properly recently.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #18
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

The 8GB card free + 2.99% financing option

I didn't notice anyone mentioning Panasonic's 2.99% finance option promotion that coincides with the free 8GB card rebate promotion.

Just wanted to make sure people were aware of it. Good through December.

If anyone wants the pdfs of these promotions, feel free to contact us or visit our website.

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group
www.omegaaustin.com
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #19
Major Player

Barry - you are right, the website now says purchases beginning 10-1-06. Thanks, when I checked it a few days ago the 11-1-06 date was posted. With the 10-1-06 date, I'm lucky enough to qualify after all ! Also, for other members considering a purchase, I had the opportunity to visit the dealer above, Omega Austin, a couple of weeks ago. They are a first-class operation with a very helpful staff. They have also sponsored some of the 2-day training sessions on the HVX-200. Just for info ...
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:16 AM   #20
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Crucean
I wonder if this is a push to get the remaining 200's out for an upgrade to an A version.

... Just speculating

No it is not.

Just stating the facts. It is an anniversary special celebrating the 1st year of the HVX being in production.

Best,

Jan
Old November 20th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #21
New Boot

timeframe

A message directed toward Panasonic mainly: I was wondering the offer was going to take within the 4-6 week period Panasonic mentioned, or if it was going to take a lot longer (I registered for the HVX book Oct 4 and have been waiting patiently to read it). I just want to prepare myself for having it for a December shoot or not. I am thinking not - but have hope. Also, are the two items going to come together now, meaning the book will be delayed for the P2 card issues to be sorted out? Regardless of the timeframe I am so happy Panasonic decided to make the offer retroactive, and be so generous; it is so rare for a tech company impress me with customer service.
Faisal Lutchmedial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #22
Major Player

Wondering if any new HVX owners have received their free 8 GB P2 card yet. I have submitted the application but haven't heard anything yet.
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #23
Regular Crew

That's a good question. I was told to wait 4-6 weeks and I'm two whole days past 4 weeks as of today. I haven't taken to sleeping under the mailbox yet, but I'm getting close.
Martin Iverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #24
Major Player

so if i would by it off bhphotovideo.com i would get free 8gb p2 card? or its only valid if you buy straightly from panasonic dealer?
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #25
Barry Wan Kenobi

B&H is an authorized Panasonic dealer, so yes, buying from them would qualify you for the free 8GB card.
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #26
Tourist

Free 8GB card with HVX PAL model?

I'm coming to the US in Christmas and consider buying the PAL version of the HVX200. Will I also qualify for the free 8GB card and must it be shipped to a US address or could it be shipped to Europe?
Jan Pirouz Poulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #27
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Pirouz Poulsen
I'm coming to the US in Christmas and consider buying the PAL version of the HVX200. Will I also qualify for the free 8GB card and must it be shipped to a US address or could it be shipped to Europe?
Won't qualify. The offer is from Panasonic USA, and Panasonic USA doesn't sell PAL units. Any PAL units sold in this country are, by definition, gray-market imports.

You'd have to buy an authorized US NTSC version to qualify.
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #28
New Boot

firestore for Panasonic HVX 200

Hi, considering the firestore option while i wait for the Cineporter to come out, but have heard it's still unstable media - has anyone had any experiences with it?

www.isabelrocamora.org
Isabel Rocamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #29
Barry Wan Kenobi

It certainly seems to be much more stable than when it was first released. They've had something like three firmware updates so far, and another one due shortly. It would seem that the firestore's problems are in the past and that it's a solid reliable product now.
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #30
Regular Crew

The rebate takes 6 weeks from when your request was done processed by them and not by the date when they received your request. Be patience.
Jason Strongfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders