Lighting Question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old December 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Wow. Nice deal. There's actually a brick and mortar Harbor Freight not too far from me. I'll have to go check it out. For 20 bucks each how can you go wrong.
Thanks for the tip.
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Those units are great. I have 4 of them and use them all the time.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #18
Trustee

Agreed! I use them all the time.
They are also great for controlling accent lights on background objects and dimming practicals.
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lewis View Post
Sometimes I notice that we lighting a subject head on or from the front, there will be a shadow under the chin that is difficult to deal with.
Start by adjusting you camera angle, all the similar problems that I see is caused by the camera being too low and shooting into the chin. The camera lens should be at the same height as the eyes, then tilt it down to frame the subjects, by doing this you'll hide or make less prominent the shadow on the chin. Shadows are important, that's what gives modeling and depth and the only way to control it is by correctly placing the key light.

With subjects with prominent double chin the camera should be even slightly higher. Also by getting the subject to look slightly upward the chin will stretch and make it almost disappear or become less noticeable.

Read some books on portraitures.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #20
Major Player

Nino thanks for chiming in. I stumbled onto your sight a few days ago when trying to find an answer to this question. It looks like a great resource and I am sure that I will be using it to gain more knowledge.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management