Battery power for cam and acc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old March 13th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Battery power for cam and acc.

Hi, I am wanting to buy a battery to power a light, mixer, monitor, etc. and maby even my gl2. What battery preference do you have and how do you distribute the power to the different accessories?
Old March 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Major Player

How many watts of power, and how long do you want to run for?
Is weight an issue?
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Ralph, well I am purchasing a frezzi mini fill with dimmer I think the light comes with a 100 watt bulb but I think I will only be using 30 watts most of the time as it will be for close up shots at weddings and interviews. The other things I dont know the consumption but the items are possibly a lcd monitor maby 7", a mix pre mixer and its just 2 channels and maby that feeds the sennheizer me66, and possibly but not manditory to power the camera. All those accessories will be on a removable mount as I use a steady cam JR and am unable to use the add ons because of weight. As for the battery weight Im not sure if it would hurt to be heavy because I intend to use a tripod or monopod when using the light, mike and battery. I dont have the monitor but just planning ahead incase I got one and needed power. I see alot of different connectors for the battery mount and power out. Any thoughts there also?
Old March 15th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #4
Trustee

I got a 7AH (amp hour) sealed lead acid battery that I plan to run my 7" lcd and maybe a light. That should power a 30W light and a 10W LCD for two hours. I have a spare. I don't plan to use a light very often and may go for just a 10/20W light. I am going to use a cigarette-lighter style connector just like some battery belts, then split the power up using some radio shack connectors. Small automotive plugs (like for accessories or trailers) should also work.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I use an Anton Bauer Dionic battery for power and then use Remote Audio BDS-V2 Battery Distribution System to connect all the other gear.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

They make cables for just about any device along with different battery connector types to power your equipment (NP-1, AB w/Pag2, AB Gold Mount w/Power Tap, BP-90 and 4-Pin XLR battery/power supply).

Using the BDS-V2, I also have the option of using a A/C transformer if there is power and a side benifit is I don't have to drag along all the other wall-warts for the other equipment.
Hart Boyd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management