Private Classifieds listings from 2003 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #301
Major Player

Price drop!

$600.00 or best offer. Will not go any lower, though.

I'll pay for ground shipping of mailed within the U. S. or Canada.

You'll still need to pay via cashier's check or money order.

Ted Fiebke
efiebke@toolivenurse.com
Old May 17th, 2003, 07:45 AM   #302
Regular Crew

hey ED!

check your email
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #303
Major Player

Quote:
I went to the Panasonic web site. My intent was to find the web page that described the AG-DV1000 and post it here to help sell the item. Sadly, it's not there.
http://www.panasonic.co.jp/bsd/sales...ag-dv1000.html
Looks like it's NTSC only though. A shame, since I could go for a PAL miniDV deck.
Old May 17th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #304
Wrangler

Actual monitor from "Office Space"...!

OK, this seems really silly to me, but maybe not.

I have an Apple ColorSync monitor (19", I think??) that was used as a working prop on the set of the movie "Office Space". After the show wrapped, I bought it off the prop department for a good price (standard procedure), and have used it for the last 5 years. It just started crapping out on me, the picture intermittently shrinking and spazzing out, although sometimes it is fine. I assume it's a loose board or dirt in something somewhere. It just seemed like time to move on and get a new monitor, and I was trying to figure out how to dispose of the thing, when a friend told me "jeez, that was on Office Space? Do you know how many fans of that movie would probably jump all over it, regardless of condition??"

Well, OK, how many? I'll probably put it up on eBay at some point, but in case there's anyone here who wants it, I'll entertain offers! I think with some servicing it should be OK, I just don't really want to deal with it, but the tube is fine when it isn't spazzing.

And yes, it was in the movie. We used it for shooting close-ups of the screen for the computer procedures like Peter trying to shut down the computer before Lumbergh finds him, or when he is inserting the virus into the system. We shot "inside the bevel", i.e. just the screen itself, so it's not like you would recognize the monitor in the movie.

Again, I feel sort of sheepish, but this just might be a fun item for someone out there, I know the movie has attracted a big cult following!
Old May 17th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #305
Tourist

Wanted: Sony PD 150

Hello everyone. I'm looking to add a Pd 150 to my arsenal so if any of you are looking to sell or know someone who is then please let me know. Thanks.
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #306
Capt. Quirk

I also have some movie nostalgia, but couldn't part with mine. I have one of the Roman swords from "Ben Hur". When I bought it, I was under the impression that it was Ben Hur's sword, but I watched the movie and he never used one. Still, it's a piece of cinematic history.

If I were you, I would set that Monitor on a desk with a old PC, and place a sign on it stating it's history. A film grab would be nice to add to the display.
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:14 PM   #307
High School Student

Dude. I'll take it...how much? That movie rocks...
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #308
Wrangler

Name your prices, gang...like I said, it's a weird world and after what I read in this week's Entertainment Weekly about the cult of "Office Space", anything seems possible!!
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #309
High School Student

I need proof that it is the office space monitor. :D
Old May 17th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #310
Wrangler

Tell you what, Alex: I'll include a picture of me posing with the monitor, then also include pictures of me on set with Jennifer Aniston, Steven Root ("Milton"), and the three young programmer guys, the rest would have to be a character judgement!
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #311
High School Student

Whoa, are you serious?
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:38 PM   #312
Obstreperous Rex

Alex,

Charles was the Steadicam operator on "Office Space." You can check out all the movies Charles has worked on by viewing his IMDB profile here. See, I told you this was a high-class discussion forum. Hope this helps!

Charles,

If you don't get any serious bites here, you might offer it over on one of the Office Space fan sites like this one.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #313
High School Student

Wow Charles, theres a lot of things in that list that I watch every episode of... Your the steadicam operator on Scrubs, The west wing, and ER? Whew, I like all 3 of them shows, especially scrubs, the intro on that show is pretty crazy, everytime I watch it, i'm like "what the crap, how'd they pull that off so smoothly?" heh :D

Anyway, about the monitor, my pockets aren't very deep right now, and i'm sure theres lots of other people who would pay lots of cash for that puppy.
Old May 17th, 2003, 09:27 PM   #314
Major Player

Charles, how you got any other chachkah's you are willing to let go of?

Zac
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #315
Capt. Quirk

Jeez Charles... Maybe if you tried a little harder, you could have brought home the monitor AND Jennifer Anniston? :)~
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds