DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Private Classifieds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/)
-   -   Private Classifieds listings from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/22441-private-classifieds-listings-2005-a.html)

Marco Leavitt March 11th, 2005 01:28 PM

PayPal?

Not sure if this is the proper place for a question like this, but I couldn't figure out where else to post it. I may be selling some audio gear in here in a few days and want to use PayPal to conduct the transaction. Would somebody explain how to set up the process please? I've bought items online before, but I've never sold anything. The PayPal site has very little information.

Mark Williams March 11th, 2005 01:48 PM

Marco,

I have sold a lot of my own camera equipment on EBay over the years. As you may know PayPal is owned by EBay. In setting up your Ebay seller account you can specify how payment can be made (check, money order credit card etc.) There is a Paypal option to accept payment by credit card through Paypal (middle man). In the setup you choose if you want to be paid by Paypal by check or to credit your account with them. I choose to be paid by check it usually arrives in 7-10 days. Of course there are fees for selling on Ebay and fees for accepting payment through Paypal. So, you may be asking yourself why go thru Paypal. Well Paypal with all its downsides (google it) is better than taking a check, money order or cashiers check which may be conterfeit and you then have no recourse. There is a lot of that these days to the point that IMO using Paypal services makes sense.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mark

Scott Lancaster March 11th, 2005 01:54 PM

FOR SALE: Pro Prompter and Miller Pro Jib

Pro Prompter LCD... used once: http://www.proprompter.com/lcd_version.html
Price: $1,200 (Retail $1,695)

Miller Pro Jib: used 2 times... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=79198&is=REG
Price: $1,400 for everything including case! (Retail: $2,199 + $349 case= 2,548)

LINK for case: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=details_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=79199&is=REG

both these items are like new.. perfect condition... needed them for one or two shoots, now I am selling. I will pay for shipping. Thanks!

Marco Leavitt March 11th, 2005 02:17 PM

But it is possible isn't it, to accept payment through PayPal for a non eBay transaction? I already have a PayPal account, but I can't figure out from their Web site how to accept payments. I think the fees are well worth the security and speed.

Michael Wisniewski March 11th, 2005 03:15 PM

Yes, you can receive non-Ebay payments through Paypal. You don't have to do anything, just have the other person send money using their Paypal account.

There's also an option to request money from the buyer, if you want to keep your records that way.

You may need to verify your credit card / bank accounts thru Paypal to receive payments.

Shane Miesse March 11th, 2005 03:17 PM

WTB: MA-100 metal plate mount

Im lookin for one with screws, anybody got one? thanks

Michael Wisniewski March 11th, 2005 03:36 PM

I use an escrow service if the items are over US $1,000 or I'm dealing with an unknown/untrusted party.

Parish McConnell March 11th, 2005 04:22 PM

is it a Titanium or Aluminum model ? what color are the keys and are
the ports in the back or on the sides ?

black keyboard and ports in the rear = titanium
silver keys and ports on sides = aluminum

what kind of figure do you have in mind ?

P....

Steve Gill March 11th, 2005 06:40 PM

Wanted Canon XL/Xl1s

I am currently in the market to purchase a new camera for my small business. I reside in Ontario Canada. Anyone interested in selling a Canon Xl model camera???

Stephen Sawchuk March 11th, 2005 06:48 PM

With those specs, it has to be an Aluminum.

I have a 17" model as well, from September of '03, however. It's quite a product.

John Locke March 11th, 2005 07:34 PM

Parish,

My mistake...it's the aluminium. I'll change the original post to reflect that.

On Ebay, they're selling for around $2,500 or more from reputable sellers. I'd be willing to let it go for $2,250? I'd be willing to negotiate some, but please send me an e-mail to haggle. ;)

Savo Petrovski March 12th, 2005 08:14 AM

Glidecam 4000 F/S

Used for one shoot have no need anymore..

$275+ shipping and its yours

Email me at savopetrovski@gmail.com

Jerome Anthony March 12th, 2005 01:10 PM

I have an XL1 I would like to sell. Respond back if your interested.

Jerome Anthony March 12th, 2005 01:13 PM

I have an XL1 I would like to sell, hardly used with a Bohen 3063 tripod and case. Email me if your interested.

jerome8283@optonline.net

Oleg Kaizerman March 12th, 2005 01:46 PM

still avalible

Oleg Kaizerman March 12th, 2005 01:47 PM

still looking

Marco Leavitt March 12th, 2005 03:34 PM

MM1, ME66, Rycote Softie

SoundDevices MM1 preamp (retails at B&H for $350): asking $250. Excellent condition.

ME66, plus K6 power module (retail $424), plus pro windscreen (retail $64.95): asking $325. Like new.

Rycote Softie (18cm Medium Hole) for ME66, also AKG C568EB / CK68 / CK69, Azden SGM-1X, Beyerdynamic 836, JVC- M510, Neumann KMR-81, ME80-K3, MKE-300 and Sony ECM-670 (retail $145): asking $100. Like new.

Want to use PayPal for all transactions. Buyer pays shipping.

E-mail address is marcoleavitt@yahoo.com.

Peter Richardson March 12th, 2005 04:47 PM

Miller Fluid Head and Tripod, $275

This is a Miller fluid head and tripod that is perfect for DVX100 (what I use it for) XL2 etc. The tripod is about 25 years old, but is in perfect shape, only some cosmetic wear and tear, and the fluid head cannot be beat (even by the new Solo10, which I bought and was not as good as this head). The tripod (sticks) are wooden with a metal descending leg and spike at bottom. Please e-mail me at: peterrichardson1@gmail.com and I can send you pics. at $275 plus $40 shipping, you will not find a better tripod. This is a true fluid head and it is magnificent. Only selling b/c I invested in an O'Connor ultimate dv head and legs. Thanks!

Peter

Peter Richardson March 12th, 2005 05:08 PM

O'Connor 3 Stage Aluminum Tripod

These sticks are very nice and have only been used about 5 times. Here is the description from BH:

The OST-T66 4-section aluminum tripod is extremely lightweight and very strong. With a height of almost 6 feet to the top of the bowl, puts the camera lens about 7 feet off the ground. Features three way adjustable angle, quick leg extension and knurled leg adjusters to give a firm and secure grip.

OST-T66 Tripod Legs

•_
Ultra-lightweight aluminum construction

•_
100mm / 4" bowl base

•_
4-section extension design

•_
Three way adjustable angles, features three different leg angles, for a maximum height of 70" down to 7"

•_
Quick leg extension allows turning knobs at once, making the legs length adjustment fast and easy.

•_
Knurled leg adjusters, to give a firm and secure grip

These legs are very well made, as you would expect from O'Connor, strong and lightweight (plus they say O'Connor on the side which is pretty cool). The max height it about 6 feet, so with a head on there you can get your lens to close to 7 feet. The best part, maybe, is that you can also go all the way down to about 7" off the ground with these. As I said, they have been used only a few times and there are a couple knicks on the bowl and one or two on the legs but nothing bad. Please e-mail me at peterrichardson1@gmail.com for pics. These are going new at BH for $769.95 plus shipping but I will sell them for $695 plus $35 for shipping. Thanks!

Peter

Scott Lancaster March 12th, 2005 07:11 PM

Get both for $2,000...

Marcin Wilczek March 12th, 2005 09:00 PM

Miller pro Jib for: $1200

Fernando Maldonado March 12th, 2005 11:20 PM

You have mail.

Greg Boston March 13th, 2005 06:52 AM

Canon sells the plate for about $21 including shipping. It doesn't come with screws, so you'll have to ask for those separately. Just call 1-800-OK-CANON and navigate the menus to parts sales. They were very friendly and helpful to me.

-gb-

Scott Lancaster March 13th, 2005 07:38 AM

I could do that... email me at scotl77@hotmail.com

Toru Matsushima March 13th, 2005 09:55 AM

Update Price

I've sold nothing (doh)

Recording/Camera equpiment sale
Century Optic .65 bayonet mount WA conversion lens ($250)
Marantz PMD650 ($450)
A pair of condenser microphone KM201 ($700)
A single point stereo microphone Rode NT4 ($300)
Ditital Stereo XLR to ditital coax convertor ($100)
Sony ECM-MS907 ($50)
Portable phantom power supply ($100)
Portable phantom power supply Crown x2 ($120)
On stage microphone stand ($20)
A battery for CDR300 w/ charger (broken, obo)
Shure inline DB attenuator #A15A5 x 2 (-15,-20,-25db $68)

All needs to go.

Nick Hiltgen March 13th, 2005 12:22 PM

shane I might actually have one fo thsoe laying around if you're still interested.

Mike Moncrief March 13th, 2005 12:56 PM

Anybody else..?? Last chance it is going up on Ebay next..

Mike

Marco Leavitt March 14th, 2005 08:50 AM

Items no longer available, thanks.

Ron Johnson March 14th, 2005 10:42 AM

Can you please provide more info on the KM 201's?

I am having trouble finding details on these mics. Also, for your specific mics, what type of capsule do they have? omni, cardiod, hypercardiod

thanks,

ron johnson

Toru Matsushima March 14th, 2005 12:45 PM

The microphone KM201 comes with cardiod capsule. It worked great with my PD150 with Shure inline attenuator. KM201 is a russian made microphone with a quiet bit of repuation of being a good all round condenser microphone. I am selling a matched pair for the price listed

Here is a link to a website with description and some review article links:

http://www.elation-microphones.com/KM201.htm

Just in case anyone is wondering what Rode NT4 is, here is a link to it. It's an australian made single point, easy to use stereo condensor microphone

http://www.fullcompass.com/Products/pages/SKU--51133/

George Bean March 14th, 2005 02:55 PM

adobe video collection

Purchased a matrox rtx.100 card with bundled software, as a result I have duplicates.

I am selling the adobe video collection software, includes the academic versions of the following programs:

Premiere Pro 1.0
Audition 1.0
Encore 1.0
After Effects Standard 6.0

All manuals and original packaging included. I am the only owner of this software and it has never been registered. I bought it in September 2003 and don’t need two copies.

Asking $300.00 plus 15.00 for shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Stevan Arychuk March 14th, 2005 03:36 PM

Paypal charges something like 3% on any transaction (used to be only credit cards, now even debit cards are charged too).

You can use this site to calculate Paypal fees (they update it regularily with Paypals fee structure):

http://thefeecalculator.com/

Marco - as for accepting payment, no an Ebay transaction is not needed. The sender simply logs into their Paypal account, clicks "Send Money" and puts in the receipients email address. I believe you can also "request" money and essentially charge someone the same way.

Personally, I try not to use Paypal because I think their End-User-Agreement is jusy downright scary. Escrow as Michael mentions is much safer IMO.

- Stevan

Vence Vida March 14th, 2005 03:39 PM

What size is the Century Optics WA? Will it fit an XL2 (72mm)?

Toru Matsushima March 14th, 2005 03:43 PM

It is .65 WA conversion lens (bayonet mount) works well with PD150. I don't know if it will fit XL. Anyone knows if this particular model would mount on XL?

Vence Vida March 14th, 2005 04:30 PM

Nope. The PD 150 is a 58mm lens. The XL is 72mm.

Bummer.

Jeff Patnaude March 14th, 2005 04:31 PM

I was checking out a DVX-100a for sale on Amzon.com for like $600. Guy said he was moving to Britain and just needed the money. He suggested an Escrow account. I found a website that allows you to run the web address for the escrow company and WHOAH! All this info came up - company was owned in China, was listed for multiple fraud offenses, etc., etc.. Needles to say, I reported the guy.

To check out an Escrow service , go to :

http://www.sos4auctions.com/

Jeff Patnaude

Dylan Couper March 14th, 2005 04:44 PM

The DVX100 for $600 should have been a big enough tip. :)

Stevan Arychuk March 14th, 2005 04:46 PM

Good info Jeff.

I've found that sketchy transactions like that -require- Western Union or Moneygram, and there is no security.

First off, the old saying - if it's too good to be true, it probably is - defiantely applies with shopping for online electronics. If you engage with someone on a transaction and they will -only- accept payment via WU or Moneygram, you can be pretty sure that it's a scam.

Thanks for the link - it's very helpful.

- Stevan

Dick Steele March 14th, 2005 06:20 PM

Buy my Dvc80 Pkg

OK OK, I got to get this package sold.

Everybody loves a desperate seller!

Willing to break the package:

1 DVC80
2 2800mAh batteries
1 1600mAh battery
all the original accesories, less the mic mount.
1 Pelican 1520 case
1 UV filter
1 Kata rain cover
3 unopened boxes of PQ tapes (15 total tapes)

Additional:
4 AMS Expedition batteries w/ custom dummy cable
*These batts. give a continuous minimun of 9hours of use*
- www.automatedmedia.com

asking 1900.00/2k w/batteries.

*Absolutely nothing wrong with cam, guaranteed super clean and not DOA*

---------------------------

1 Sennheiser ME64 capsule
1 Sennheiser K6 (Phantom and Battery)
1 Rycote Medium Softie
1 Azden SMH-1 Shock Mount
1 1.5ft Audio-technica XLR cable
1 Sony 55B wired Lavalier w/ hard screen

Asking 600.00

I got to get this sold, send me some offers, do not let the fact that this cam is absent of 24p discourage a good deal. This cam is a PD150/170, GL1/2 killer, no comparision!

Lots of demand suddenly, make me a solid offer on the whole package.

Chris Quindara March 14th, 2005 11:03 PM

Also looking for VX2100/PD170 Lens Hood

I ordered an I-Cuff. It looks like that should work well.

If anyone is not using their VX2100/PD170 Lens Hood (w/built-in lens cover), I'll buy it off ya for $45.