DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 26 to 50 of 255
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 54 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Michael Silverman
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 30th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 6,017
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Your Favorite 2015 Wedding Film

Stevan, great job! What did you use to grade your footage?
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 30th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,362
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: One disc or two

I just copy the MP4 files directly onto the USB sticks. So far no one has requested chapter markers. I actually stopped adding chapter markers to DVDs a couple of years ago and surprisingly nobody...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 23rd, 2015, 10:15 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,370
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Manfrotto TRipod with ground level spreader

I've used a Manfrotto tripod that is very similar to this and I found that it was way too heavy and bulky to be practical for my use. If I were doing a commercial shoot or a shooting a short film I...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 19th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,457
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Interviews

I've been using the Electro-Voice RE50B for the past couple of years and it's been outstanding:

Electro-Voice RE50B - Omnidirectional Dynamic F.01U.117.391 B&H


I've been told that it's the...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 17th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 6,017
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Your Favorite 2015 Wedding Film

This is one of my favorites from this year:

Kirsten and Hunter's Wedding Film on Vimeo

It was raining most of the day so we didn't get too many exterior shots, but we were able to find some...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 16th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,362
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: One disc or two

Julius, I forgot that I had another company do the actual engravings. I used a local company that's right down the street from me:

Hightech Signs: Charlottesville VA Signs, Banners, Trophies,...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 15th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,362
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: One disc or two

I use USB Memory Direct and here's a link to the drives I've been using:

https://www.usbmemorydirect.com/products/wdr7.htm

The person I spoke with recommended the "pine" drives because pine is...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 13th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,362
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: One disc or two

One of the best business decisions I've ever made was to include a custom engraved USB drive instead of DVDs with each wedding. I was really concerned that brides would complain that they weren't...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 8th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

That's awesome to hear. I had seen footage from DJI's promotional videos for it, but it's always hard to tell exactly what was involved in the production of the videos compared to normal everyday...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 7th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

Corey, that's really cool to hear that you like the Osmo with the X3. Do you feel like the footage will match footage shot on a DSLR? How is the dynamic range? When you walk with it does it look...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 4th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

Noa, this is exactly what I said yesterday: "If he does in fact have the X3 then this is essentially a GoPro and is not designed for low light. Expecting a GoPro to look great in a dark reception is...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 4th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

There is definitely more to low light performance than sensor size, but a 1/2.3" sensor is going to produce noisy footage at every reception venue I know of. To expect it to be "great in low light"...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 4th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

I'm not really sure what your reason is for posting this. It sounds like you're just trying to play devil's advocate. The person who posted their review of the Osmo said "I wanted this product to...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques November 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

The person who made the post about the Osmo being unusable in low light must have had no idea what type of camera he was getting. If he does in fact have the X3 then this is essentially a GoPro and...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 30th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

Art, I think you make some really great points. I'm personally looking at the Osmo with the X3 because it's REALLY lightweight and also looks like there's very little setup involved.

I think my...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 29th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 18,201
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: DJI Osmo for Weddings?

From what I've seen online, the image quality on the X5 camera didn't impress me much and I don't think it would compare very well to the A7s II. Here is a video showing how the X5 compares to the...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 29th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,942
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

That's good to know that a lithium battery will last 15 hours in it. I haven't tried lithium batteries in any of my devices but it may be worth it for 3 times the battery life.
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 26th, 2015, 04:59 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,942
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

I've never let the battery run down all the way so I'm not sure how long it go for until it dies. It seems to run down a bit faster than I expected, so I would be surprised if it lasted more than 5...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 25th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,942
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

I have a DR-10CS on the groom and I set it to High. I also have a second unit placed on the officiant and I set it to Mid. The reason is that the first officiant that I put this device on spoke...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 13th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,747
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Totting up the damage

Ian, which clear filters do you use? For much of 2014 I used these Tiffen filters because they weren't too expensive and got great reviews:

Tiffen 67mm UV Protector Filter 67UVP B&H Photo Video...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 11th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,245
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Popshields for ME-2

I've been using these for the past few years and they work much better than the windscreen that comes with the ME2.

Rycote 105501 Lavalier Foam Windscreen 5-Pack (Black) 105501 B&H


I ordered...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 7th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,942
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

Hi Noa, I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that along with two DR10CS recorders I have my two Sennheiser G3 systems which send the same audio to my camera:

Track 1 is the main audio...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 7th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,942
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

I have one for the officiant and I set it to "mid gain" which tends to work well since they often speak pretty loud. I put another one on the groom and put in on "hi gain" so that the main track...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 2nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,649
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Tram TR50

So I got my Countryman B3s and just recorded some audio with them comparing them to my ME2s. I have to say that I don't hear much (if any) improvement going from the ME2 to the B3s. I've watched a...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques October 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 6,809
Posted By Michael Silverman
Re: Good "set and forget" recital / opera camera

I have a Canon G20 and the low light is decent enough for most things. It wouldn't be good for a wedding reception, but for most performances the G20 or G30 should be fine.

If you want 4K then...
Showing results 26 to 50 of 255

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:13 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network