DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 76 to 100 of 157
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Edward Calabig
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

You can really only go for 15-30 second shots at max ( prefer not to go for anything longer than 5-10). It really wouldn't work for longer periods without a vest, especially if you want to avoid any...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 24th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,455
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Changing what we offer - wedding Packages

In my opinion, I think you should do a minimum of 6 hours and add extra hours starting from there.

I don't think it's a good idea to add different price based options because your clients will...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 24th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Replies: 66
Views: 16,334
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Canon it's Feb. 2014, is the C100 AF upgrade available yet?

I had a chance to put this upgrade to the test at a wedding. Overall it performed exceptionally well but there are a few things to keep in mind when using it.

I tested the lens with a Sigma...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 24th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

I use a glidecam and definitely go for the hd 4000 for the c100. You really need the heavier glidecam to get smoother and more easily controlled shots. I'm using 5 weights on the bottom of each...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 21st, 2014, 12:45 AM
Replies: 66
Views: 16,334
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Canon it's Feb. 2014, is the C100 AF upgrade available yet?

Anyone have a Canon 100mm macro (l or non l) that can see how this upgrade works for objects or products? Thinking about buying one of those lenses (non l preferred) and curious how well it works...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Replies: 58
Views: 12,875
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: GH4 Wedding Video

Yeah I know but they've been pushing the whole 4K thing like it's going to revolutionize the way DSLRs shoot video. 4K doesn't change much except in brand name if the footage can't be pushed beyond...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 20th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Replies: 58
Views: 12,875
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: GH4 Wedding Video

I'd really like to see some graded footage (I hope footage isn't graded).

The camera's clarity and sharpness is great and all but the footage looks too clean. The footage still looks like dslr...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

This may also be a cheaper option in the future but the viewfinder's LCD is so damn small I think it will still be a struggle:

C Cup:...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 19th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

I would definitely recommend the Zacuto Z Finder for using the LCD outside when it is sunny.... both the lcd and viewfinder (can't see waveform) are useless outside:

Amazon.com: Zacuto C100...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 19th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,664
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Just finished up my first real estate shoot - opinions please!

I'm curious as to what are some of the shots you used the Zeiss 50mm makro for?
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 18th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Replies: 66
Views: 16,334
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Canon it's Feb. 2014, is the C100 AF upgrade available yet?

Here are my thoughts on the upgrade so far:

Turn around time from Pacific Northwest to Westcoast was 7 business days.

I tested this on a Canon 16-35mm 2.8 ii, Tokina 11-16 ii 2.8, Sigma 18-35mm...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 18th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

I would get the 70-200 2.8 (non is) if you can afford it or get the 70-200 f4. The 24-105 simply doesn't have enough reach during the ceremony unless you're satisfied with a medium shot of the...
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 20,189
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What lens or lenses for wedding videos???

Here are my thoughts on wedding lenses from most needed to least for a c100:

I recommend Zeiss over any other brand but they do require manual focusing.

1. 70-200 2.8. This lens will get you...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,987
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: What are all of the possible inputs from a soundboard/mixer?

Thanks for the information everyone.

Yeah I'm not too concerned if the soundboard feed is garbage or peaks since it's only one of my sources of audio and I'm using the Zoom H6's -12 db backup...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 13th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,987
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: What are all of the possible inputs from a soundboard/mixer?

Is there a preference which connection is used on the soundboard? Which one provides the best audio or is that dependent on the mixer?
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 13th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Replies: 66
Views: 16,334
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Canon it's Feb. 2014, is the C100 AF upgrade available yet?

Anyone know how well the focus works with the Canon 17-55 2.8? Debating picking it up specifically with this upgrade.
Forum: All Things Audio March 11th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,748
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: H6 Backup Recording Question

Ah great thanks! I will pick up the extra XLR module.
Forum: Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems March 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Replies: 93
Views: 37,679
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Custom Eyecup for the C100

I had no idea this existed! Immediately backed it haha.
Forum: Non-Linear Editing on the PC March 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 5,875
Posted By Edward Calabig
Recommended Transcoding Software?

I'm looking for software to convert AVCHD footage from my C100 to Prores HQ. Any recommendations for which software to use? The faster the better and I would not mind paid software if it means...
Forum: All Things Audio March 10th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,748
Posted By Edward Calabig
H6 Backup Recording Question

Is there a difference when using the L/R channels as opposed to the numbered channels? The manual says these are stereo. Is there a way to force them to record mono? I'd really like to use the...
Forum: Adobe Creative Suite March 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,541
Posted By Edward Calabig
Premiere Pro CC- Setting Out sets 5 frames ahead of the cursor?

I may have accidentally set Premiere Pro so that every out point I set, it advances 5 frames ahead, making it very frustrating to make cuts at precise points. There is now a dashed orange line next...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 8th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,987
Posted By Edward Calabig
What are all of the possible inputs from a soundboard/mixer?

I'm trying to find all of the connections from a soundboard/mixer to be able to take the sound feed on my H6. I currently have an RCA to 1/4" cable and a 1/4" to XLR. Does anyone know what all of...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 3,594
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Building up camera gear

Yeah I would invest in getting faster lenses, lights (the reception is dark and flat) and nd filters to control the highlights outdoors.

The grading is a bit too warm and flat indoors imo. ...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 4th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 3,594
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Building up camera gear

Yeah the C100 has been a god send for me. I absolutely HATE matching DSLR footage with it because DSLR looks very "plasticky" and completely falls apart outdoors.
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques March 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 3,594
Posted By Edward Calabig
Re: Building up camera gear

You can most definitely switch lenses and have a shallow DOF with the c100. I highly recommend it but not sure how well it would match to an XF100.
Showing results 76 to 100 of 157

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network