Lady X: Episode 19 released! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 17th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Nice fun episode John! I was just waiting for the "Dukes of Hazard" theme song to break out when that Jeep pulled onto the road.

As for the Glock glitch at in the lab, you're talking about how he cocks the gun after holding up 'Dr Random Synapsis' for a bit. My friends back home in Alaska would have been all over you for that but it is the great cliche to cock a gun right before you use it, whether you just did a minute earlier or not exists in all the hollywood action movies so I suppose you could be forgiven!

Question on the VreezeCAM: How do you like that thing? I'd never heard of it before and it seemed to work pretty good, but a bit of side to side jitters as you moved. I've been working on a homebuilt stabilizer useing plans from www.codydeegan.com and would like to hear what your experience with that device was.

Cheers,
Huey
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #17
Regular Crew

On the VreezeCAM, Jack Tankard makes a great product. It is only hand held and not a vest mount. He has been making aircraft camera mounts for years. When on a job in a remote area he needed something like this and made a simple stabilizer. After that he made himself a nicer one. These are functional, and well made by someone who understand what they are doing. He only makes a few my hand and has not gone mass market. Check out his footage at his site http://www.vreezecam.com/video.html it is amazing. The side-to-side motion is me needing more practice and a cross wind outdoors. I still have not found a way to use the thing well in wind.

On the glock, He cycled the slide because he had just taken it from the Doctor and didn't know if it was loaded. I will give you a hint. Go back and listen when he cycles the slide.

I'm glad it came across as a fun episode. I knew we didn't have the polish and had to come up with content. Thanks,

John
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #18
Regular Crew

These stabilizers sure take a bit of work to try and figure out! I've been practicing with mine and it's a pain trying to get it all balanced right and to move properly to keep it smooth. You should check out the site www.homebuiltstabilizers.com they have a forum with good information and you could ask them for tips on using it in the wind (it's run by Charles King who frequents these boards).

As for the Glock, the scientist would have know that the gun wasn't loaded for the ten seconds before the guy cycles it, but I guess he was just a scientist so he probably couldn't have wrestled it away. But then again maybe it was and the other fella was just making sure it was loaded.

Cheers,
Huey
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Oh, the Glock 27 was loaded all right. It was the agent who didn't know if it was loaded or not. Couldn't you tell? All the sounds in that sequence are natural from the scene. You too should be able to tell. I thought surely someone would bring it up.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:50 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Well, nobody picked up on it. When Agent Aaron cycled the slide on the Glock a bullet came out and landed on the table. I had wanted to catch it in the frame, but the best take did not show the bullet eject.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work