DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/18260-show-your-work-2004-a.html)

Peter John Ross October 22nd, 2004 07:42 AM

Mann In The Slip

Mann in the Slip
http://www.themannproject.com/mannintheslip.htm

4 min - Comedy, Windows Media

Jon Osbeck IS Mann in the Slip

MANN, a live action cartoon character, is late to work

Dmitry Yun October 22nd, 2004 08:55 PM

Cool video

Hey man that was pretty good. I went to that DI site and I saw the video by Matt McDermitt. Does anyone know what software he used and what cam was used to shoot it it looks well good.

Arigato

Monte Casey October 23rd, 2004 01:24 PM

"Chill" - Vegas Fun

First time using Vegas - Originally Posted this on DVXuser, thought I'd post it here as well... tell me what ya think
--

www.gameroom.com/monte/montechillhi.mov

This is the newer edit, fixed a few things... check it out

Monte Casey October 24th, 2004 06:57 PM

bandwidth out - hope you enjoyed

Rob Lohman October 25th, 2004 05:54 AM

Hey that was very funny! Nice work. Did you make this, or?

Peter John Ross October 25th, 2004 07:45 AM

I only did the audio re-recording, but Jon Osbeck is an actor I've worked with on numerous projects. I'm a big fan of the MANN series of shorts.

Rob Lohman October 25th, 2004 08:10 AM

I got to check out the others, again, thanks for pointing me to this!

Cody Dulock October 25th, 2004 12:00 PM

what camera did you use for that???

you seen to be on the right foot for film, but i would go with what you like doing more.

Riley Harmon October 25th, 2004 12:52 PM

PV-DV 953 my friends... frame mode and twixtor pull down to 24p

Peter John Ross October 26th, 2004 09:04 AM

MANN also gets mentioned here at MICRO CINEMA SCENE

Tony Gilmore October 26th, 2004 05:29 PM

a new link

http://homepage.mac.com/trickymoose/iMovieTheater2.html

this one is working

Jake Hensberry October 26th, 2004 06:10 PM

A new Directors site

Hey everybody. Thought you might like to have a look at my new Directors website. It has almost all of the music videos and short films I've directed to date. Comments are always appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.jacobhensberry.com

Thomas Miller October 26th, 2004 10:19 PM

Sports Highlight Videos

Long time lurker, first time poster. I see a TON of wedding videos on here and although I am really inspired by what I see, I am really interested in seeing some examples of some Sports Highlight videos if anybody has any that they would like to share I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Thomas
www.crossbarphoto.com

Michael DeMattia October 27th, 2004 07:09 PM

He was using Vegas 5 but now I think he is cutting with FCPHD. The video was shot with the DVX100A

Jake Hensberry October 27th, 2004 10:52 PM

Our new short Film "Fast Currency"

Hey Everybody,

I just finished a new short film called Fast Currency. It's the first short I've done in a while so I'm intrested see what people think of it. You can have a look at it here:

http://www.jacobhensberry.com/work.htm

It's kind of a big Download, but the player is really fast so it shouldn't be a problem.

We shot this with the always great Panasonic DVX 100 and used mostly available light with the acception of a 4 bank Kino Flow to fill in once in a while. We also used a borrowed Senhiser ME66 mic wich I think is one of the best there is. With some of the harsh location stuff we had to deal with, it really saved the day. I directed and edited it.

It was shot by our friend George Su who recently posted his excellent Music video for Johnny Hi Fi.

Enjoy!

Bryan Roberts October 28th, 2004 05:55 PM

Damn, the real talent there was getting all that stock footage to use. I wouldn't even know where to start to collect that sort of stuff. Nice editing job.

Mikel Low October 29th, 2004 11:26 AM

well directed Jake. quite hilarious really. i really enjoyed how you built the anticipation of the moment. thanks for the post.

made me want to go out today and tell everyone to just .... LIGHTEN UP! :D

Jake Hensberry October 29th, 2004 01:42 PM

Thanks Mike! Yeah, it was an attempt to do something visually appealing and yet really not so serious, so I appreciate the comment. If you've done anything recently, I'll be sure to check it out if you post.

Jake

Rob Lohman October 31st, 2004 08:06 AM

I've moved the thread to the showcase forum. Anyone have a
sports video they'd like to show?

Shane Duff October 31st, 2004 11:57 PM

Episode 3 is finally up...

Scott Ellifritt November 1st, 2004 02:40 AM

That was an excellent short. Osbeck rivals Rowan Atkinson. Where can I see more of the series?

Peter John Ross November 1st, 2004 09:30 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Scott Ellifritt : That was an excellent short. Osbeck rivals Rowan Atkinson. Where can I see more of the series? -->>>

www.themannproject.com - 1 new one a month...

Scott Ellifritt November 1st, 2004 12:54 PM

Thanks Peter.

Joseph Lawrence November 3rd, 2004 06:18 AM

Rob,

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the 'showcase' forum?

Joseph

Steven Andrus November 3rd, 2004 03:17 PM

Does this look good enough?

I've never made a demo reel, and didn't have access to hardly any of the commercials I had made at the last station I worked at, so I had to work with what i did have, how does this look? be honest

http://www.supafraud.com/demo2.wmv

Dylan Couper November 3rd, 2004 07:01 PM

I'd shrink the logo section, shrink the transitions between sections, drop out the technical stuff about the BetaSP, miniDV in between the commercial clips.

I like the no canned art warning in the beginning. Glad you added that, made me appreciate everything I was seeing more.

Overall, good. Just needs a little tweaking.

Jason Eisener November 4th, 2004 09:28 AM

The Teeth Beneath

Hey im new here my name is Jason Eisener and i am a young filmmaker from Nova Scotia Canada.

heres a teaser trailer to my new film "The Teeth Beneath"
http://www.proskates.com/trailer2.htm

Its about a skateboard shop that has to deal with a monster in the basement.

hope you enjoy, please let me know what you think.

Cody Dulock November 4th, 2004 04:46 PM

looks like good times. i would like to see the final product!

Joshua Provost November 5th, 2004 10:51 AM

The Glove Box

Hello,

I just posted a short film I worked on. I was the DP and editor. Shot on my Panasonic DV-GS400. This film was part of the Phoenix Film Project 2004 Fall Film Challenge.

The Glove Box
Directed by Gabriel Loyer

http://www.727records.com/theglovebox.wmv - 8 MB WMV

Dennis Hingsberg November 5th, 2004 01:40 PM

"Pilgarlic" short film - mini35/xl1s (drama/fantasy/horror)

This film was made a little while back which I had the pleasure of working on. It was shot with my mini35 rig which at the time used a XL1s PAL version. The film was written and directed by Joseph De Leo of www.deleoproductions.com

www.starcentral.ca/trailers/PilGarlic.wmv Runtime: 11:00

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome! Thank you.

Mathieu Ghekiere November 5th, 2004 03:47 PM

I liked the visuals, especially the ones in the metro. Actually I thought the complete scene in the metro was very good, it had a kind of uneasy feeling to it, and it was great with the nun suddenly starting to sing. From then on I think the film is rather going downhill, story-wise. It was nice with the revealing at the end, but I was anticipating to a more strange surrealistic story after the opening scene in the metro.

But visuals were really fine, the shots with the reflection of the woman in the glass of the metro are very mysterious and beautiful. The shot through the tunnel is very nice to. Oh, to just cut the crap: I really loved the opening sequence.
And I liked the tittles to, especcially the ones at the beginning. I don't know why.

(Must have been a hell focusing in a metro with a XL1S/MINI35?)

Jose di Cani November 5th, 2004 06:02 PM

a typical teenage movie with bad actors. But it is always fun to see amateur horror movies. I enjoy them more than those 1000 millions horror movies. they suck. KEep on filming, you will make it in the horror world!

Peter John Ross November 6th, 2004 11:20 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Scott Ellifritt : Where can I see more of the series? -->>>

We're shooting 2 more this weekend, so we'll have several new ones for the next few months.

the site (www.themannproject.com) is getting updated a lot lately with new info.

Jose di Cani November 6th, 2004 07:02 PM

First of all, make you homepage a little bit more inviting to play with, cause the website is a bit out of date in graphical perspective.

The movie was cool. Some scenes were interesting and very pro, but some were really video-style looking. I like the last scene with the interesting summer feeling (nice colour there). Th eimages were really happy ones showing tons of laughters and joys...very warm but also very normal. Try to be more outgoing with your videos. The videos are just so typical. Again, the last scene was interesting.

ps: I don't know why you put the other videos. They are tooo way small. I watched the ocean video and well, what was that about?

Ralph Roberts November 8th, 2004 06:40 PM

ummm.... I had a '58 Rambler Ambassador once that had a glove box like that. And the hood, well don't even ASK about the hood.

Nicely done!

--Ralph

Donald Pittelli November 8th, 2004 08:23 PM

that was great

very nice thanks . dp

Stephen Lee Evans November 8th, 2004 11:26 PM

Clever Josh.

The only thing that pulled my attention away from the flow of the story was near the end the change of the lighting in the car was too gross... like from mid-day sun to late afternoon sun.
Following that the interior car lighting for the two actors was also poor.

Everything else seemed fine. So maybe a little polish up on your lighting would do it.

Lee

Joshua Provost November 8th, 2004 11:46 PM

Thanks for the constructive criticism, it is appreciated.

Josh

Derrick Begin November 9th, 2004 10:18 AM

For your VIEWING

Good Morning!

Please check out my work on:

http://www.dewarempirefilms.com

"ALL THE WOMEN I'VE LOVED" (4 Min, Book Trailer)
"BEFORE TWELVE" (23 Min, Short)

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for taking time to view, enjoy, and comment on.

Cheers.

Derrick Begin November 9th, 2004 12:21 PM

"All the Women I've Loved" by Byron Harmon, based on his book, published by Simon and Schuster. Premiered in New York City to a rousing industry audience of 400. Rights to feature were purchased.

"Before Twelve" by Milton Dewar, based on his short story, and feature project.

"Autobiography of a Suicide" has been broken into three parts. "Ring Toss" and "Free Walk" and "Blood Porcelin". Part one and two being submitted to festivals.

All of the above were filmed on the Canon XL1S.

Enjoy.