And original Webseries (gh4) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 26th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: And original Webseries (gh4)

Yes, I can understand doing things yourself, I also do the same. What mics where you using on the Actors mate.

Cheers,
Simon
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:04 AM   #17
Major Player

I used the Rode wireless mics. I do have some issues with some of them and they need some repairing.
Old October 26th, 2016, 12:33 PM   #18
Trustee

Thanks Brian, look forward to watching more of your work.

Cheers,
Simon
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 03:23 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Started at ep 3 to get a taste...and have started to work through the series. Totally hooked. This is an incredible effort.

Really love the acting across the board. Especially like 'Ida' (sp); the combo of her accent, attitude, and confidence is incredibly sexy. The racial mix and accents among the other actors give them a really unique and edgy rawness.

For want of better description, there's a kind of dark psychological undercurrent...these are anything but simple lives. It reminds me a little of one of my favourite series, "Six Feet Under".

I have subscribed to your YouTube channel.

If you're still active here, do you mind if I fire away with production questions?
Miggy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy Sanchez View Post
Started at ep 3 to get a taste...and have started to work through the series. Totally hooked. This is an incredible effort.

Really love the acting across the board. Especially like 'Ida' (sp); the combo of her accent, attitude, and confidence is incredibly sexy. The racial mix and accents among the other actors give them a really unique and edgy rawness.

For want of better description, there's a kind of dark psychological undercurrent...these are anything but simple lives. It reminds me a little of one of my favourite series, "Six Feet Under".

I have subscribed to your YouTube channel.

If you're still active here, do you mind if I fire away with production questions?
Hi Miggy,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to watch and commenting. I know how little time people have these days. Of course you can ask away. This was more of an experimental series I did with a group of actors I work with. And there were loads of problems, but we can discuss whatever you wanna ask about.
Old November 11th, 2016, 04:45 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Cheers for getting back.

Were the episodes getting written as you went?
Old November 11th, 2016, 08:58 AM   #22
Major Player

Yeah. Because I lost locations and actors as it went on. We did it for no money so it was hard to rely on a lot of things.
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:24 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, I can understand that. Must be frustrating for you at times I imagine.

Things really started taking strange turns in eps 4, 5 and 6.

Did you have the first few episodes more tightly scripted?

Interested to know more about how you were treating highlights.

They often look deliberately blown out. Is that how you were exposing, or was that a result of grading?

Recently shot some vox pop footage in strong midday sun, and it really got me thinking more about highlights/shadows.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:51 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy Sanchez View Post
Thanks for getting back.

Yes, I can understand that. Must be frustrating for you at times I imagine.

Things really started taking strange turns in eps 4, 5 and 6.

Did you have the first few episodes more tightly scripted?

Interested to know more about how you were treating highlights.

They often look deliberately blown out. Is that how you were exposing, or was that a result of grading?

Recently shot some vox pop footage in strong midday sun, and it really got me thinking more about highlights/shadows.
Sorry it took so long. been trying to finish another short film.

The whole story was more of an overall arc based on the characters, each having their on journey. I had somewhat a beginning and where I wanted it to go, but tings went bad went we lost locations and actors who were an integral part of it. I only wrote bits and pieces at the time. We had no money and I really didn't even know if we how far it would go. Just wanted to create something to pitch to people.

You really only have two choices when you shoot interiors. You can have the windows blown out or cover them with ND filters, but as a one man show that's not very feasible for me. And I like the blown out look.

But I learn each time I shoot, so I may change the way I do things in the future. Lots of it depends on post production too. Still learning to be a better colorist.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work