Reign Of Blood (shortfilm) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 18th, 2007, 03:39 AM   #31
New Boot

Only one word.........AMAZING!!! This is better than some of the movies you see on the big screen. Total Respect.
George Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #32
New Boot

Hi,

Impressive work, mate.

Is this shot in 24 FPS? Or how many FPS? And for the first clip of the hero, how many FPS was that? It looks smooth.
Jasper Blunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #33
Trustee

One of the best amateur films I've seen,
Thanks for sharing!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM   #34
New Boot

Greate job!!!
I cant wait your next clip
Lukas Balinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:37 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Special effects, fight choreography, editing... etc all wonderful...

You did an amazing job, and I wish this was alot longer... I want more! :D

Thanks for showing that to us!

Simon
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #36
Regular Crew

I wanted to congratulate you, it's people like you that take the initiative to get out there and make your film... but you're also really showing what can be done with the right talent.

I loved the whole thing to be honest. The lighting as everyone is agreeing really is great. It reminded me immediately of "Children of Men." The feeling in this movie is (agreeing with others) as good or better than "Blade" stuff.

I can easily see if you worked on your story and character quirks to be a bit more natural and believable you are going to rise quickly out of the Indie crowd. All the Best!
Steve Royer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Impressed

I am dumbfounded as to how you were able to pick up those colors with the XL1s. I have an XL1 and I suppose the XL1s is a big improvement, but really I think you did a fantastic job. I'm wondering a few things, such as what you used to edit, what you used for digital effects, and although you mentioned that you didn't use lighting, did you use light reflectors? Did you adjust a lot of the colors in post?

Really, again, I'm very amazed with what you were able to do with that equipment!
Daniel Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Sorry for the long delay with checking this page !

to your questions:

@Jasper:
Its shot with 25fps in framemode. Some of the shots like the walking in the begining or the first fall in the MTV style head chop scene were enhanced with slow motion shots done with Motion Perfect. As the shots most of the time arent really perfect some masking and animating of stillframes was done in After Effects to hide parts of the image which were not calculated good.

@Daniel:
A lot of color correction was done in the postpro - there is not one single frame which is not somehow changed ! For the XL1(s) I think its best to shot at cloudy days or areas in which not a lot of contrast is .. this way I get the best out of it, coz afterwards you can add contrast, but still got a good colorrange. Doing something on a sunny day with shadows is hell for the XL1 and the footage looks a lot cheaper.
I did not use any reflectors or anything else .. just the sun or lights which were available and I didnt change any of the settings of the XL1s.

@Everyone else:
Thanks a lot for the nice words. Its really cool that you have some fun with the short !!

Take care and have a nice weekend :)
Ulrik
Ulrik [fC] is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work