Dots on the footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 1st, 2015, 12:28 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Dots on the footage

I appreciate this thread as a caution against lasers. I personally put fixed cameras next to DJ aiming away from lights, thereby avoiding most extraneous light, but when I'm wandering around handheld I will be extra careful.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 01:40 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Wow, thanks for this thread guys. Now I won't film anything with lasers with my X70 or my a6000. :(

Found this info on the polarization of laser light:

https://www.physicsforums.com/thread...arized.282195/

Maybe someone could come out with a set of specialized polarizer filters to filter out laser light, and they could be marked by the type of laser they filter, so people who need to film these shows could protect their cameras as much as possible?

EDIT: Would only really work if the laser light coming "directly" into the camera is attenuated but from the side, reflected off a mountainside or smoke in the sky, etc. is not.

Last edited by Tom Grushka; September 2nd, 2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
Tom Grushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 06:43 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks all, yes its a good lesson for all, and expensive one for me, as the repair cost is going to be the same cost for the Job, what shits me is your right, the Laser guy said to me, you be right they are pointing up a bit, not at the camera, I didn't realise just how quick it can happen. I will get a screen shot from the footage and post it tomorrow.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:03 PM   #19
Trustee

OMG that sucks Robert! :(

I saw the exact same red dots on a Canon DSLR forum, a guy rented out his 5D and got it back with those!

I thought the days of tube camera burn in were long gone.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds