Always 4 audio Channels with Sony Pxw-x70 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 11th, 2020, 02:11 AM   #1
New Boot

Always 4 audio Channels with Sony Pxw-x70

When i edit in Premiere Pro, i always have 4 audio channel tracks while i just used the internal mic of the camera. Can i adjust that in the menu of the camera?
Thans by probation
Kurt Mestdagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2020, 05:31 AM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: Always 4 audio Channels with Sony Pxw-x70

There is nothing onboard the camera that can change how many audio channels are recorded. But stripping off unwanted channels from all the clips at once in Premiere is easy when you select them all and then right click on a clip and choose Modify Audio. It is non-destructive so you can always undo it if you change your mind.
Old March 11th, 2020, 07:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I think what he is saying is Premiere creates additional empty tracks in the timeline. You can manually delete empty tracks by right clicking or you can make a custom preset in Preferences. https://www.versluis.com/2015/06/how...-premiere-pro/

I’m guessing Premiere thinks most people will want add a sound track for music.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2020, 06:16 PM   #4
Vortex Media

No, what I think he is saying is that when he drags an X70 onto the timeline there are four channels of audio and at least two of them will always be empty. But nevertheless, they are there taking up space. If he follows my suggestion, he can strip off any (or even all) of the channels (for all clips at once) before dragging them to the timeline. So no extra tracks will be created and then no extra tracks will have to be deleted. I'm sure that is what he is talking about because this comes up all the time and is one of the issues I cover in my master classes.
Old March 11th, 2020, 11:04 PM   #5
Inner Circle

You must be right then.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2020, 01:50 PM   #6
New Boot

Dear people, thank you for your explanation. Have followed the advice of Doug Jensen.
I can also delete the empty tracks separately, I now know that I do not have to change the settings of my video camera. Thanks everyone.
Kurt Mestdagh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds