FCP cannot re-import an XDCAM export.. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
Harley,

This is the response I got from my technical contact at Sony America HQ.

So I would make sure that your decks (and camera/s) are all at firmware revision 1.6 to eliminate that as a cause.

regards,

-gb-
Duuuuuude.

That's great. Let me check right now.

It's makes total sense about the error when it hits a "splice point". One thing I forgot to mention was that the transfer stops at THE SAME POINT every time..which totally falls in line with the info you provided.

I will post my results. Thanks Greg, top notch stuff.
Harley Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #17
Trustee

The export function I was complaining about on the first page has the same behavior, where it exports to a given point, and stops there, every time. The re-render that Andy and I discussed solves this problem.

I wonder if the software didn't put something on the disk in the writing process that freaks it out, and now can't read it. I wonder if you had the same project written to disk twice, if you could import the second one, when the first froze at the same spot every time. (This would be the equivalent of the re-render Andy and I spoke of in the writing process.)

Sorry to threadcrap with my complaints about a different process, but I suspect the answers are similar.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Flanagan View Post
Duuuuuude.

That's great. Let me check right now.

It's makes total sense about the error when it hits a "splice point". One thing I forgot to mention was that the transfer stops at THE SAME POINT every time..which totally falls in line with the info you provided.

I will post my results. Thanks Greg, top notch stuff.

Ugghh..

No luck. In all fairness though, all I found was Firmware Version 1.59, not 1.6.

Did you mean 1.59?

Also, I wonder if the disk would need to be formatted under this firmware revision to work?
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Ugghh..

No luck. In all fairness though, all I found was Firmware Version 1.59, not 1.6.

Did you mean 1.59?

Also, I wonder if the disk would need to be formatted under this firmware revision to work?
No, I meant 1.6 which is what I have on my camera. I don't have the deck. 1.6 specifically fixes this issue. My Sony America source also spoke to Japan about this and they seem confident that 1.6 will resolve the issue.

Go to https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx

Do a search in model number field for PDW-F70 (if that's the deck you're using). There search will return 5 items. The second from the bottom is the 1.6 update and is just over 8 mb in size.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
No, I meant 1.6 which is what I have on my camera. I don't have the deck. 1.6 specifically fixes this issue. My Sony America source also spoke to Japan about this and they seem confident that 1.6 will resolve the issue.

Go to https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx

Do a search in model number field for PDW-F70 (if that's the deck you're using). There search will return 5 items. The second from the bottom is the 1.6 update and is just over 8 mb in size.

-gb-

It's working so far!

Never got beyond 3%...now I'm up to 75%
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Never got beyond 3%...now I'm up to 75%
I'd call that progress! (grin)

Hope this puts the issue to bed. BTW, this affected not only FCP, but Avid as well.

-gb-
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #22
Major Player

good info Greg, explains a lot. thanks for passing it along. so this is (or seems likely to be) a firmware issue affecting both camera and deck (and is specific to 60i? i'm thinking probably not)

thanks.

hey Mike... no, sadly I don't get over to the US often. which is lucky for you guys, or you'd have me forever cadging beers and sofa space ;)
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:41 AM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mees View Post
good info Greg, explains a lot. thanks for passing it along.

Yeah but Harley didn't come back and post a 100%. The suspense is killing me. (hehe)

-gb-
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #24
Inner Circle

1.6 fixes quite a few small bugs. It fixed the issue I had with auto iris on my canon lens.
Well done Greg!
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:53 AM   #25
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Well done Greg!
Thanks! BTW, a major tornado outbreak may happen in the midwest next week according to one local forecaster.

-gb-
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Thanks! BTW, a major tornado outbreak may happen in the midwest next week according to one local forecaster.

-gb-
Greg..

You deserved the final word on this. Thanks for helping me out.

As of 7 o'clock on Friday, I imported 2 30 min shows to completion.

I'm going around the facility right now with my trusty memory stick upgrading all the decks.

Thanks again!

TTT
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #27
Wrangler

Quote:
As of 7 o'clock on Friday, I imported 2 30 min shows to completion.
Awesome! And don't leave me hanging at 75% next time. (grin)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts