MRC1K & Sony Battery - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alin Avramoni View Post
Guys, how long an original Sony NPF-970 last? Is it true that holds up for 8 hours(including zooming operation). I'm interested mainly used with a Z7 and MRC1. Currently I have only clones and their life is about 3 hours.
This is a hypothetical question with insufficient information anyway. The math is easy to do once you've established what the actual drain of the camera is in each operation eg running, zooming, standby etc.

However, I believe your camera (Z7) has a time left indicator like ours (Z1) Our usage tended to be long, continuous with relatively little zooming (which is good for batteries) and we got pretty much what the camera indicated though I never trusted the indicator below an hour. If your camera is in standby for much of the time I imagine you could get eight hours though I doubt it.

Finally,never trust clones, especially in their readout. The info circuits are rubbish and unreliable - we had one once (which was a false economy) which regularly reported 600 hours to run - which it never did. Branded batteries are like good tyres - cheap insurance.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders