Planning of doing side-by-side comparison on FX1 and HC1 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #61
Regular Crew

small question about descending clip

may i ask small question about descending clip
how did you shoot this..did you attach your cam with bike?
it's really nice shot... i want to use same method on my short film..
Jung Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #62
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Kyu
may i ask small question about descending clip
how did you shoot this..did you attach your cam with bike?
it's really nice shot... i want to use same method on my short film..
Jung,

Did you see my clip that is titled "handheld while riding my bike"?
Part of the clip shows the Manfrotto mount I used on my bike. And importantly, the bike I use is most up-to-date air suspended mountainbike by Iron Horse (many mountainbike makers have this type called "All Mountain" bikes, but mine is actually built from frame last night by myself with all different parts rather than buying a complete bike). These bikes pedals firm although it is suspended, so they pedal firm (without bobbing) but when sharp obsticle comes and it will suck the shock.
I would do helmet mount in the mountain because this mount will get loosen with more vibration, but this is fine on the road. This concept should be widely used for street shooting instead of usind trollys and steadycams especially for chasing shot. So, if people use this method, please call it Kakucam or something (lol).

My next dream is to do this with HVX200 at 60 frame prgressive.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
this airplane was shot by hc1
but it looks so diffrent...

http://www.airliners.jp/qtd/KZ74X_JA...050706_MP4.mov
I love this shot. Is that really the HC1??? The more shots I see with this camera the more I wanna buy it. It can't be a bad buy, can it?
Fredrik-Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #64
Regular Crew

cool

this is really nice invention kaku
you should register this invention in japan as kaku steadycam

but question still remains...even you used with Manfrotto..how did attach with your bike..i don't think u used scotch tape to wrap around...
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #65
Trustee

Quote:
this is really nice invention kaku
you should register this invention in japan as kaku steadycam

but question still remains...even you used with Manfrotto..how did attach with your bike..i don't think u used scotch tape to wrap around...
Did you see the clip? you can clearly see the Manfrotto clamp mount on my bike frame. It's the black clamp and arm attached to my blueish bike frame. It is made to clamp to something, and arm has the mount for cameras.
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #66
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrington
Kaku,

I haven't said it before, because I was so wrapped up in my video-playing problems, but thank you so much for your all of your efforts. It's much appreciated.

I've got an off topic question about Japan if you don't mind. Is everything over there an odd mix of 90% Japanese and 10% English? It seems like everything I see with Japanese writing usually has a little bit of English thrown in. For example, the cover of the FunRide magazine shown in the top-left of your website is all in Japanese, except for the subtitle that says "Cyclists' Magazine & DVD". Also, the English URL FunRide.jp. What percentage of people speak English as a second language in Japan?

-Mike
You're welcome Mike,

I love to get feedback from people that what I do is valuable to them. That goes to you, too Mark Kubat (he is working behind this forum to get me, or bug me to provide my service, hahaha).

Since I speak little English, I try to provide informations that I can provide to the world, so I have English section in my site. More and more people speak English, but say, not as many as countries like Singapore. We do study English from junior-high and highschool (maybe in elemetary school by now), but people hardly learn anything. We are heavily once race country (although we do have a lot of Korean and chineese people in our society). But Japanese people love superficial styling, say, even companies like Sony even use English words in the advertisements with wrong English and if you point it out, they would say "it is okay as long as Japanese people understand and it looks slick to use English". I use English to communicate to the whole world, but most of Japanese use it for meaningless styling. I'm saying this from close to 20 year of handling business on my own in Japan. By the way, I deal with company called Mark of the Unicorn from Cambridge. Do you know them?
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #67
Trustee

Now a lot of files are available

I made the renoun (at least at HDVinfo) bike routine clips that are shot with various setting with HC1.

I probably have to look for my similar footage shot with other cams previously? Oh boy.
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #68
Regular Crew

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to learn a second langugage. Unlike Europeans, most anglo-Americans never learn a second language. I've tried, but I just don't have the knack for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
By the way, I deal with company called Mark of the Unicorn from Cambridge. Do you know them?
No. I don't work in the A/V industry, I just happened upon these forums while researching the HC1 as a "DaddyCam" for my twin daughters who are due to arrive any day now.

-Mike
Mike Farrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #69
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrington
I'm jealous. I've always wanted to learn a second langugage. Unlike Europeans, most anglo-Americans never learn a second language. I've tried, but I just don't have the knack for it.

No. I don't work in the A/V industry, I just happened upon these forums while researching the HC1 as a "DaddyCam" for my twin daughters who are due to arrive any day now.

-Mike
I spent six years in Hawaii learning the language. Sorry, it was hard but acutally all of other things are so much fun!!

Consider http://www.motu.com when your twin daughters want to make music in the future (lol).
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #70
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
CMOS seems to have more dynamic range, but the dark and bright area is controlled by their new processing scheme called Enhanced Imaging Processor .. So, now you know why that coffe ban scene was possible.
Does it mean HDR-FX1 is also able to handle this scene (it has EIP) or HDR-HC1 is a bit better ? I'm just courious. ;)

Thank you
Michal Laskowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #71
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Laskowski
Does it mean HDR-FX1 is also able to handle this scene (it has EIP) or HDR-HC1 is a bit better ? I'm just courious. ;)

Thank you
I shot some footage of bamboo trees by making the cams facing up to the sky. Maybe this comparison can describe the difference. I will post these later.
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #72
Regular Crew

cinema

any cinema mode 24p... clip

I saw short footage of cineframe but clip was too short to determine the motion.
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #73
Trustee

I quickly shot at in front of my computer by panning the cam side ways and vertical ways. The clip is already uploaded.

Since it prohibits to set the shutter speed manually, I don't see much use of this function on this cam. They crippled the feature on purpose.
Old July 9th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #74
Regular Crew

Thanks Kaku Ito

thanks for uploading cinema mode...
auto shutter speed..isn't so bad...
I heard there is historam function....do u mostly use it? before you shoot it..
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:46 AM   #75
Trustee

Quote:
thanks for uploading cinema mode...
auto shutter speed..isn't so bad...
I heard there is historam function....do u mostly use it? before you shoot it..
I'm keeping the histogram on at all time so far. It is useful and not really in the way or anything.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series