DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   V1U Picture Profiles / Presets (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/109478-v1u-picture-profiles-presets.html)

Zsolt Gordos February 5th, 2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
I think I've got around 20 saved off now, between a few shoots.

Thank you DSE. Could you please share some of them? I cant find such details in your DVD, I think it was released before these fine tuning options have been tried out.

Zsolt Gordos February 6th, 2007 11:36 AM

No picture profiles yet...

Zsolt Gordos February 11th, 2007 09:35 PM

Upz, upz !

I am sure there are tons of ppl looking for picture profiles usable in various situations.
I urge experts to share their knowledge and help. If it works for Canon, must work for V1 as well. I cant see why Sony users shall be any different from Canon users.

To start with, I share here some of my settings, hope it will help. It seems camera profiles can only be seen in my Memory Stick, so I cannot post the picture profiles as files. However I hope later someone will find out how to do it.

So, here is my setting for night shots. (I am not in the position now to post clips to illustrate, as travelling at the moment).

Color level: 3
Color phase 0
Sharpness 7
Skintone DTL type 1
Skintone level 3
WB shift 0
Knee point low
BLK Compensation Compress
Cinematone Gamma off
Cinematone color on

With this I use 25 frames and 6dB gain for pretty OK night shots of city sceneries.
I will appriciate even challenging comments if any details of my setting don't make sense.

And awaiting more picture profiles, folks.

Max Volki February 12th, 2007 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos
So, here is my setting for night shots. (I am not in the position now to post clips to illustrate, as travelling at the moment).
Color level: 3
Color phase 0
Sharpness 7
Skintone DTL type 1
Skintone level 3
WB shift 0
Knee point low
BLK Compensation Compress
Cinematone Gamma off
Cinematone color on
With this I use 25 frames and 6dB gain for pretty OK night shots of city sceneries.
And awaiting more picture profiles, folks.

Zsolt

At the moment I'm a bit short of time and the V1E is all new to me.

Would you share your "standard day settings" with me?

Or are the factory-settings, with the exception of sharpness (from 7 to 3), alright for the first tryout?

volki

Craig Irving March 27th, 2007 11:51 AM

V1U Memory Stick Profile Settings

I remember there was some talk about us all sharing our V1U Profile Settings and storing them somewhere...did anything ever happen with this? I thought it was a great idea.

Zsolt Gordos March 27th, 2007 01:05 PM

Yes, I have started a thread and it was closed down (or merged) by Chris, saying he has started similar thread.
well, you can see the posts here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ure+profile+V1

No one has posted any useful set of settings or profiles yet....

It would be great to know what works well in certain shooting situations.

Keith Johnston April 21st, 2007 11:20 PM

HV1u look up table profiles? where are they?

Hey all, so the option to download different picture presets to a memory stick on the HVR-V1u
Obviously this is someone else tweaking what anyone can tweak but hey why not?

I just cant find ANY OF THEM!

Is there some private secret user group or something?

I use all apple if that is an issue of "downloading" a file

yet I do have USB adapters for various sized memory sticks

thanks if anyone knows!

John Hewat April 22nd, 2007 01:51 AM

I'd like to reciprocate - I've been looking for some too but am out of luck.

I've fiddled with the Cinema setting a little but have nowhere near enough skill or understanding to know I've got it right. I'd love to be able to share and exchange with others on these boards.

Seth Bloombaum May 21st, 2007 10:35 PM

Another picture profile

I had my V1 on a video engineer's test bench today. Looking at the scopes, here's what he liked. I've not had a chance to shoot with them.

Color Level: +3
Color Phase: +1
Sharpness: 2
Skintone Detail: Off (factory setting)
Skintone Level: 6 (factory setting)
White Balance Shift: 0
Knee Point: Low
Black Compensation: Off
Cinematone Gamma: Off
Cinematone Color: On

Bo Smith July 5th, 2007 09:21 AM

Is it possible to save different frame rates to different presets?

EX:

Preset 1: Settings+24P
Preset 2: Settings+30P
Preset 3: Settings+60i
etc...

Piotr Wozniacki July 5th, 2007 09:24 AM

To camera profiles, yes.

Bo Smith July 5th, 2007 09:57 AM

Which can then be set to the first 3 ASSIGN buttons, right?

Piotr Wozniacki July 5th, 2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Smith (Post 707444)
Which can then be set to the first 3 ASSIGN buttons, right?

Unfortunately not quite - only Picture Profiles can be assigned to any button 1-6.

Chris Hurd July 5th, 2007 10:09 AM

Just wanted to re-iterate that I'm more than happy to host downloadable profiles for V1 owners... we've had pretty good success with maintaining scene file libraries from Canon XL and XH owners as well as JVC Pro HD owners. I'd love to offer the same thing to Sony V1 folks as well. Hopefully you guys will share your presets... thanks in advance,

Piotr Wozniacki July 5th, 2007 10:36 AM

After having tested the XH A1 for a couple of weeks and using presets a lot with it, now that I got accustomed to the V1 I believe there really is no need to bother with presets, unless there is more than one user, and each wants to be able to revert quickly to his own settings. I mean, entering all changes the shooting situation requires can be much faster that loading a camera profile, which always reboots the machine!

Another situation when using presets could be beneficial is the very same shooting/delivering parameter set, repeating on a regular basis, and tested so thoroughly that a custom preset is 100% sure to be the best one to use...