25p flaw of the V1 E model is official? - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #76
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tremble
The 25P recorded by the V1E is interlaced material and is the viewing device is unaware how to deal with Progressive material encoded in an Interlaced stream. The HDTV in question is probably de-interlacing the 25P which could easily account for marching ants type artefacts seen. How these HDTVs de-interlace 50i material is a black art and differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

TT
This is exactly how I've been explaining the various and differring reports on the 25p quality when played back on LCD's or plasmas. These devices, when fed an interlaced material (and this is how the V1 output, no matter in I or P mode), are trying to deinterlace. Some do it well, some not. But "deinterlacing the deinterlaced" is a big and as yet unexplained question. Therefore, it'd be of great value to be able to play back the V1E 25p material on a CRT HDTV - never came across any report on how such setup is performing, though.
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #77
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki
This is exactly how I've been explaining the various and differring reports on the 25p quality when played back on LCD's or plasmas. These devices, when fed and interlaced material (and this is how the V1 output, no matter in I or P mode), are trying to deinterlace. Some do it well, some not. But "deinterlacing the deinterlaced" is a big and as yet unexplained question. Therefore, it'd be of great value to be able to play back the V1E 25p material on a CRT HDTV - never came across any report on how such setup is performing, though.
Unfortunately, CRT HDTVs are almost impossible to find apart from a very low end Samsung TV which probably doesn't have the resolution to be useful. :)

I am pretty sure the Progressive problems of the V1 will be down to viewing devices and current NLE implementations.

TT
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #78
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Toussaint
You can knock off the OIS system on the Canon HV-A1 and G1, you can shoot bumpy rides with it.
Show me evidence that the OIS system in the palmcorder HV10 and A1 is the same, that you can't manually completely turn it off. Where is that stated? Who is talking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Since I don't care for the inference that I'm not being truthful, I'll leave it to someone else to share the same information provided to me both on and off tradeshow floor, that the image stabilization software is identical in the two camcorders. Not to mention the fact that I've posted footage from both, and they look identical in terms of shakey image under duress. I'm as much referring to what I've experienced with my own eyes and experiences, not from what "someone I know told me."
I'm not in that personal way, sorry If I hurt your feelings.
Evidence is that Canon writes black in white that the OIS can turned off. There is an on/off function. That I've seen bumping scatevideo's'. That the A1/G1 has a 20x lens which is completely different from a palmcorder HV10 lens and the OIS system to compensate with that.

Quote:
This thread has gotten long enough, and continues to stray in too many directions (part of which I'm guilty for myself) so methinks it's about time to close it if we can't stay on topic.
You are right, lets call it a day, you started this OIS discussion with 'fat black letters' in this thread and repeated it. I just returned. Back to subject.
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #79
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
This thread has gotten long enough, and continues to stray in too many directions (part of which I'm guilty for myself) so methinks it's about time to close it if we can't stay on topic.
Agreed. Closed for now.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7