V1U - Synching two cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 28th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

V1U - Synching two cameras

Have 2 V1U's, using Premiere Pro 2 and AspectHD -- have done the free-run synching (via Firewire)... in editing just not clear how to snyc these up (have to trim clip to see code).... Anyone have a clear working solution for syncing two V1U's? THANKS!

Last edited by Greg Schlueter; July 28th, 2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Duplicated former message/ new message
Greg Schlueter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Trustee

didn't think v1's had tc out on them? have v1p and it certainly doesn't

clapper board?

flash?

not using pp, but vegas. where if all else fails, simple zoom in on audio tracks and match.

or am i missing something in your question?

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Don't know much about Premiere Pro, but you have to be able to display timecode to do timecode sync, as far as I know. Perhaps there are some add-on tools?

You'd probably get further asking in the Premiere forum, this is really about Premiere, not the V1.

In Vegas I'd turn on event thumbnails to display TC, and find starting TC for eg. camera 1 clip 1, let's say 1:01:01. Set cursor to 1:01:01 and snap the start of the clip to the cursor. Repeat for additional cameras/clips.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #4

re: t/c on V1
they don't have t/c out, but you can sync two V1's together using a Firewire cable and latching up/matching their clocks. This *does not* provide for a perfect sync, only matching t/c
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:52 AM   #5
Major Player

The sync is suppose to be with in a frame via firewire. I use them and it's usually really close. I don't edit with Adobe but in Vegas you can turn on the timecode to display on the video. At that point, syncing can be acheived by tc. I would always double check by flash and or sound.
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Clarificaiton-- I hvae no problem synching the cameras... but in Premiere Pro, for some reason... the recorded code (after synching) isn't in synch, and you can only tell the recorded code by editing a timeline.... Unless anyone can show me otherwise.... This does probably belong in a Premiere Pro forum...
Greg Schlueter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I have two V1's and synch with firewire. I use the VASST Ultimate S 3 plugin for Vegas, and it lets you add the timecode while viewing multicam.

Spot is right-- it is CLOSE, but not perfect. I have found it to be off by as many as 7 frames. But it gets you in the ballpark. I have found it very easy to slide one track to synch up video in a few seconds. I have found this workflow very effective.
Jerry Wiese is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7