Sony Z1 and FX1 various questions 2004 - 2005 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 12th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #271
Regular Crew

I'm wondering about this too. I tried different skintone setting but couldn't see any visible differences?
Martin Taidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #272
Regular Crew

Is anyone here going to the USA sometime soon?

Hi

Is anyone here going to the USA sometime soon? iv been trying all day to get hold of the LCS-VA60 bag for my FX1 and Sony told me they don’t sell it in the UK. if anyone is taking a trip out to the USA and could bring back this bag for me I would be very grateful indeed and I could easily send a cheque to you and you could send me the bag its only around $44.

Thanks

Last edited by Jim Rog; September 13th, 2005 at 04:24 AM. Reason: edit
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #273
Regular Crew

What exactly about cinetone

Hi :)

Reading through the setting thread I wonder what the cinetone does. Is is simply a S-shaped curve with a less and a more extreme shape ?

Or is there a bigger secret ? :)

Thanks!

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #274
Trustee

Data Stream- error/breaks (FX1) ?

I'm, getting an unusally high amount of "data stream" errors/brakes (something like this ??) while trying to batch capture using FCP5. I can't seem to get the footage into the Mac because of these errors or breaks. The tape shows consistent timecode and the numbers roll along well- but FCP5 warns of these "breaks" and aborts the capture of the clips in question (and I have FCP set to capture even if t/c breaks are present and warn later.)

I know I can always use the "capture now" button but it's not a convenient way to capture as I'll have to manually sit and capture each clip seperately as well as name them after each capture- this is most bothersome.

I'm using Sony DVM60ME tapes and have cleaned the heads with a head cleaner.....I'm stumped!

Are you guys experiencing this as well? Any workarounds?
Why does this happen?

( Can't wait to get the FS-4 and do away with tapes )
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #275
Regular Crew

AC-VQ850 Charger questions

Quick question on the included Sony AC-VQ850. There is a display button there. When pressed, it shows me two options with two different times. One option is Normal, the other Full. The Full setting adds an hour to whatever time is present for charge.

Since there's no supplied instructions for the charger itself, can someone explain to me the significance of these charging options?

Thank you,

James
James Sarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #276
Regular Crew

Noticed this MB kit today

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrosziel-MatteB...QQcmdZViewItem

All this stuff together would sell for over $3330, with the Mattebox, FF and side wings. Seemed like a good deal. At $2500, Even the 'buy it now' price is pretty good.

I already have this setup without the FF, but I thought someone here might be interested.
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #277
Regular Crew

Minimum and maximum impedance rating for Z1 XLR inputs?

Just wondering what the max load the xlr preamps can take... 25, 50 ohm?
James Sarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #278
Major Player

If it came with a 35mm lens adapter system I would be very interested...
Daniel Rudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #279
Tourist

Just Shot a Short film on the Sony Z1P

Hi there
Ive just shot a short film for film School on a Z1 And have to say this camera is a gem favorite one ive ever used. The footage is jaw dropping. Im wandering if anybody here is interested in seeing some samples of some of the stuff I have done especially the stuff from the Blue mountains just out of Sydney Australia. If theres interest could someone sugest a way and play to get it uploaded for everyones enjoyment. Few things I liked most about the Camera low light amazing, we shot a lot of stuff with shadows and it came up a treat something I bet wouldnt of worked on dv also all the out door stuff was shot without lights using natural light again wonderfull results...
Greg Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #280
Regular Crew

hvr-z1 in lauderdale area?

Anyone have a z1 in the fort lauderdale that they wouldn't mind renting out for a day or 2? I would pay 300 for 2 days, i will be down there tomorrow shooting thursday and friday. I own one myself but could really use a second as well for the shoot.
Please call at 347-245-5721
Joe Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2005, 02:02 AM   #281
Major Player

Sony HVR-M10U

After searching Google and the DVinfo.net forums tirelessly, I finally came across a picture of both the front and back of the Sony HVR-M10U VTR unit. If anyone's curious, the image can be found here: http://www.llsr.com/images/whats_new...m10a_large.jpg

Now, to find one of the front controls...

**Edit: found one! http://www.llsr.com/downloads/hvr-m10u.pdf
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #282
Major Player

Z1 Clips Available to Audition? .M2t, etc.

Hi. I picked up the HD100 & I'm looking for a good 'little' 1080i cam as well. I've been holding off on the Z1, since NAB/announcement of the Panny. I'm still very tempted to pick up the Z1 (I've had great luck with Sony's), and who knows, maybe even the Panny if/when it comes out it's as cool as it is on paper. I figure I'll wait a couple of months to make sure there's no preliminary issues, and to get a better handle on the P2 card pricing/availability, etc, and capitalize on that time with the Z1.

Can you please forward me to any native test footage you know about using the Z1/NTSC? Specifically, I'd love to run into some low light/gain used footage as well (many have said they've used 6-12db gain with good results - I'd love an example). I've been able to pick up a number of clips here and there (VASST, Iphoto, Canopus test footage, etc) - I'd like to supplement even more if it was available. Application is all over the board from concerts to weddings, to B-roll, etc. Using an Edius SP system to play with it on a 1440x1080 timeline.

I've done a number of searches here on ".m2t", and I've picked up everything that I saw available. If anyone has or knows of additional resources, it'd be great, or if you have clips FTP'ed, please email me a link (shawn.alyasiri@verizon.net).

Thanks again very much for your help.

Shawn
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #283
Major Player

Z1 Coming - Any Advice?

Hi gang. I've got the Z1 coming tomorrow - looking forward to it, and soon enough slapping it onto the P&S mini35.

I look forward to a nice weekend of getting to know it overall - I have the HDV upgrade coming for my Firestore FS-4's tomorrow as well, and I look forward to it's interaction with the HDV rack software.

I've reviewed so many threads in this forum - hard to keep track of all of them.

Do you have any 'quick-hit' or 'must-try' settings you suggest (gain, gamma, sharpness, etc)? I'll be trying it inside under dark conditions, as well as outside with plenty of ambient light. I'm used to the PD-150's, so I assume the menus will be similar.

I've had 720p for bit now - looking forward to 1080i and beyond.

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 03:36 AM   #284
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri
Hi gang. I've got the Z1 coming tomorrow - looking forward to it, and soon enough slapping it onto the P&S mini35.

I look forward to a nice weekend of getting to know it overall - I have the HDV upgrade coming for my Firestore FS-4's tomorrow as well, and I look forward to it's interaction with the HDV rack software.

I've reviewed so many threads in this forum - hard to keep track of all of them.

Do you have any 'quick-hit' or 'must-try' settings you suggest (gain, gamma, sharpness, etc)? I'll be trying it inside under dark conditions, as well as outside with plenty of ambient light. I'm used to the PD-150's, so I assume the menus will be similar.

I've had 720p for bit now - looking forward to 1080i and beyond.

Thanks,
Shawn

I don't have a Z1. I've got the FX-1, but there's some things that will be more than similar...

Like the "sharpness" setting. The default is set quite high, so you may find a benefit from lowering sharpness by at least two stops. Some folks use 8-9; but it may be worthwhile to hitch the camera up to a HDTV via COMPONENT (not composite!!!) and preview the setting live.
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM   #285
Major Player

Got my first Z1 - very cool

Nice camera indeed. I was waiting for the HD100 (which I picked up) as well as the Panny, and couldn't wait any more. It arrived today, and I already feel at home.

I really like it - well thought out and nice features and great images.

I'd love to run into a version of this cam with larger chips and a manual lens. Is that the premise behind the XDCAM coming out next year? If there was a Z2 that had the ability to stick an 18-20x piece of glass, that would be great.
Any rumors of a 1080i with manual lens in the sub $20K range?

Looking forward to talking with you more in this forum.

Shawn
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1