PART 2: FX-1 Chroma Key GREAT RESULTS - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Eric James

Top job looks excellent well done

would like to see more if you have any
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric James
I actaully never deinterlaced. Because it was shot in 1080i, once I bring it down to 720p there is no need to deinterlace.
Hi Eric, could you elaborate on this statement a bit more?

How did you convert 1080i to 720p and why your method does not require deinterlacing?

Thanks!
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Hello

can someone tell me the next best thing to final cut pro and shake that will run on windows?
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Raskin
Hi Eric, could you elaborate on this statement a bit more?

How did you convert 1080i to 720p and why your method does not require deinterlacing?

Thanks!
If you divide 1080 by 720 you'll get 3/2. For every 3 Lines 1080i you get 2 lines 720p. That means the jaggy structure of interlaced lines is hidden by blending 2 lines from Field one and 1 from field two (or vice versa) to get two progressive lines. That means every line on the progressive image is a mixture of both fields. The only problem is that the first 2 lines on 720 p contain more of field 1, the next two more of field 2 and so on. It will be visible, but only in moving parts of the image and only if you look carefully. Far less obvious than the usual interlaced "look".
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #35
Major Player

What exactly did you use (software, plugin, ect...) to get the 720p, and is it basically 720p60 or 720p30 that you got from that? Footage looks amazing.
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:57 AM   #36
Trustee

Thanks Thomas!
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Hi,

I cant see the videos... ot a codec problem, just a "Safari could not open the page “http://www.12in12.com/sincity/shaketreesincity.jpg” because the server is not responding."
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:44 AM   #38
Major Player

I literally can not see any of your links. I've tried many times, but from what you are writing I can imagine what this post is about. Is your video in black and white? (I'm guessing by the sin city title). A couple of times I have tried to use blue sheets or gym mats etc... to create blue screens. It did not work at all, and I will never try that again. Although the keys actually looked fine in black and white, but unfortunately the content didn't make black and white appropriate. Trying random greens or blues may work for some people in some situations, but the chroma color WILL work for all people. A cheap alternative is to go to home depot and have them match the color, then you can paint wood sheets or better yet canvas that you can roll up.
What shutter speed did you use? I always shoot w/ the shutter speed in 30 which has been reasonable to key. Last time I shot in 60 it was a nightmare. Obviously progressive is ideal, and I've recently been considering Cineframe 30 w/ my FX1.
I'd still like to see your work, so I'll check back soon.
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM   #39
Obstreperous Rex

You guys are replying to a thread that's three-and-a-half years old... please check the date before responding. Safe to say that this one's got a lot of dust on it, so we're shutting her down.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1