FX1000 has arrived - first impressions - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #286
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prech Marton View Post
Sorry, i dont have time to read the whole topic, just a quick question:
FX1000 LCD screen show the picture in overscan format or
show the full 1080 lines frame?
if not, how can you compose a shot, if you dont know what the viewer
will see on a full hd lcd tv that is underscan?
, 10%
Hi Prech,
This is very simple to test, use your editing system and see on your PC monitor what is realy in the picture. I have the Z5 and when the overscan is off the monitor shows 100%.
I believe this function in is not possible on the FX1000, the same was also on my FX1 10% lost. I don't understand why Sony and most of the others do this. This was perhaps in the time of CRT ok, but most of the flatpanels can give you full screen, 1920x1080 pixels.
Dirk PEL(NL)
Dirk Pel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #287
Inner Circle

Where are you finding anything about overscan on the Z5? I can't find anything about it in the menus or in the manual. There is, however, a safety marker that you can display, which outlines either 80% or 90% of the whole frame, depending on how you set it, which implies to me that the LCD is supposed to be showing you the entire frame, as if Allscan mode was on.

As far as I can tell, there is no Allscan mode on the Z5. There certainly isn't one on the FX1000.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #288
Regular Crew

Adam,
You are right, the allscan was on the Z1. It is the safetymarker 80 or 90%. I controlled with Canopus Edius the display. What you can see is nearly 100%. With my FX1 there was at least 10% missing and give a lot of problems, mics or heads on the video that you didn't see on the camcorder.
Dirk PEL(NL)
Dirk Pel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #289
Major Player

Dirk,

Maybe i dont really understand something, but
I ask my question because i DONT HAVE an FX1000 right now!
So how do i make a test??
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #290
Inner Circle

I don't know how one could test anything, in the absence of the thing being tested. I don't see how you could test one until you get your hands on one. Then it would obviously be a simple matter of shooting a test chart and comparing the display on the cam to the image captured on the tape, displayed in a PC.

My experience is the FX1000 and the Z5 both show pretty much the entire frame. Others have different experiences.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000