FX1000 and additional lighting... - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 9th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #61
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
nah... he misread the info. The sony has 40 lux and 80 lux only. not 800 lux. It also doesn't say 80 lux measured at what distance. Comer spec says it was 900 lux at 1 meter.
Taky
I don't think that I have missed the info, I think that SONY missed the info. Attached is the text taken from their operational manual.

Rob
Thanks though for providing all the measurements. I am not really happy with the Sony light but I want to be sure when I purchase a new one that I won't be disappointment, especially if I have to pay much more than the Sony one.

Stelios
Attached Thumbnails
FX1000 and additional lighting...-20dw2.jpg  

Last edited by Stelios Christofides; July 9th, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
Stelios Christofides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #62
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides View Post
Thanks though for providing all the measurements. I am not really happy with the Sony light but I want to be sure when I purchase a new one that I won't be disappointment, especially if I have to pay much more than the Sony one.

Stelios
That's why I'm posting all this stuff. Since I have all 3 lights I'm trying to give you all the info so you can make the best decision for your needs. It does get costly to keep up with all the new gadgets.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #63
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
...It does get costly to keep up with all the new gadgets.
You can say that again Rob. The minister of Finance (my wife) keeps telling me that we are in recession now...

Stelios
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #64
Inner Circle

Stelios, FYI: I'm not getting the comer at this time, so I won't be able to tell you about it.

I placed the order for the Comer with Taky, then promptly spent all of my PayPal money on still photo gear.

Taky wrote me saying he had not recieved my payment two days later, and we both checked with PayPal and there had bee a computer error. Very unusual. I had actually gotten a PayPal receipt. Taky noticed it has a date of December 1969, which was even stranger.

So the short version of this story is I now don't have the money for it, the order didn't go through, so I'll have to wait.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #65
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
....So the short version of this story is I now don't have the money for it,... so I'll have to wait.
Join the club...lol

Stelios
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #66
Inner Circle

The good news is I now have some amazing camera lenses I'm using Sunday which I wouldn't have had the money for if the light order went through, so it all worked out, but much differently than if the light purchase had gone through.
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #67
Inner Circle

message removed

Last edited by Taky Cheung; July 10th, 2009 at 04:00 AM.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #68
Inner Circle

Message removed, apology accepted, sorry for the misunderstanding taky.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; July 10th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:23 AM   #69
Inner Circle

Message removed.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; July 10th, 2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:53 AM   #70
Inner Circle

Jeff, I beg you read my post again. I didn't accuse you of scamming me. It was what Paypal said. I think and I know they are wrong. That's why I said Paypal has some serious issue. I appreicate your prompt return of my wrong shipment too.

Seriously, I didn't say you scam me. I'm sorry if it comes out that way. For that, I apologised.
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #71
Inner Circle

Jeff, you are right. I shouldn't have post that message publicly. Although I didn't say you scam me, other might perceive it that way. I'm sorry again and I will remove that message.
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:10 AM   #72
Major Player

Quote:
Really Taky, your first clue that this was a PayPal error should be the date on the receipt.

I have to say it again, how stupid would someone have to be to to do such a thing?
Jeff - as an independent observer I don't really think Taky was "calling you out" publicly - from what I read in his post it sounded like he didn't believe what Paypal had told him and used the corroberating evidence of the wierd date of the transaction and transaction ID 0 - he then goes on to say that Paypal has some serious issue (probably a computer snafu as noted). Paypal was actually accusing you of a potential scam all becuase they had made the error in the first place - Taky was just repeating that and saying that he doubted it and it was most likely Paypal's error.

I have purchased two lights from Taky and he has been very upfront in our dealings.

Jeff - calm down - I don't really think there is a disagreement here - Paypal was the culprit and you both pointed that out. I have seen instances in other forums where Paypal has messed up the payments but it has always been resolved.

Taky is just in the process of expanding his internet business and he seems to be very sensitive and accomodating to his customer's needs and will bend over backwards to not have any bad publicity.

Peace!!
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM   #73
Inner Circle

Taky, I do accept your apology. Please leave it up so that people who read it earlier will understand there was a mistake.

I literally became sick over it and have been awake for hours waiting for PayPal offices to open.

The post was up for hours, however and I cannot imagine what people thought.

Lets move on.

Thank you for clearing it up.

To be clear, in my dealings with Taky he has been upfront and honest and I recommend him highly as a vendor. There was a miscommunication earlier but apparently I misunderstood. It seemed clear to me, but since at least one other person (Barry) has pointed out that I misunderstood than I will accept that and in return I will apologize to Taky as well.

My apologies Taky for misunderstanding your post.

I'm so glad that is over, I was so upset!
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM   #74
Major Player

Quote:
Message removed, apology accepted, sorry for the misunderstanding taky.
Ha Ha - as I was composing my message it sounds like you guys got things worked out.

Great!!
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #75
Inner Circle

Jeff, thank you so much. I am not able to go back to sleep too. *phew* Now I feel better. I should have just fwd you the stupid email from paypal (in private of course) and both of us will just lauged about it.

Barry, thanks for helping me out too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000