New nex-ea50 film: Sahara - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: New nex-ea50 film: Sahara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Eskelson View Post
Encouraging to see the potential of the stock lens.
Even for being such a slow lens focusing can be a challenge but I do like the fact that you can get just a bit shallow dof to separate your subject from the background, I just don't like that extreme shallow dof where you see the operator hunt for the right focus on moving objects, focus needs to be spot on, always. With a bit blurry background you get a much more usable dof but still retain that "dslr" kind of look, in that way this lens is fast enough. I only wish the focus ring was a bit more accurate.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #17
Inner Circle

For the few I haven't answered, thx for the kind words :) unexpectedly the camera has become my personal therapist the past weeks, what started with testing the camera to just have some fun filming inbetween busy wedding seasons has turned into dealing with the hard facts of life.

Both my parents are sick, my mother had a hart attack this weekend and almost died and my father got the message today his cancer is terminal. It makes me feel selfish thinking about the fact that I enjoy my day out with the camera and the editing that follows but it helps me to clear my head. Life isn't always fair...
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Sorry to hear that Noa

Life can be cruel yes and please send our best wishes to both of them.

My friend Fred, here (the one that was born in Antwerp) has to also rush over to Holland for 4 weeks to care for his Dad who has broken his hip for the 3rd time now and cannot look after himself (then again he is 91!!)

Hope you stay strong over this difficult time

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
It makes me feel selfish thinking about the fact that I enjoy my day out with the camera and the editing that follows but it helps me to clear my head. Life isn't always fair...
Noa, you are right- life isn't always fair, I know, but it keeps coming at you, and you either deal with it or roll over. And that is what you are doing-dealing with it.

Sorry to hear your news. Small comfort I know, but you will have a lot of support here among the boys and girls on this forum.

all the best
Rod
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:48 AM   #20
Regular Crew

if you need narrator/voice over, try Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun and more online services for $5
you can get a very professional voice over for $5

I use that one one of my project (shoot with FS100)
Thomas Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Thx guys for the support, much appreciated.

Quote:
if you need narrator/voice over, try Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun and more online services for $5
Wow, that's a great tip, thx, is that also for commercial use or are there limitations?
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
For the few I haven't answered, thx for the kind words :) unexpectedly the camera has become my personal therapist the past weeks, what started with testing the camera to just have some fun filming inbetween busy wedding seasons has turned into dealing with the hard facts of life.

Both my parents are sick, my mother had a hart attack this weekend and almost died and my father got the message today his cancer is terminal. It makes me feel selfish thinking about the fact that I enjoy my day out with the camera and the editing that follows but it helps me to clear my head. Life isn't always fair...
Wow, wish both your parents the best of luck!

At least your finding work to be therapeutic. Most people can easily fall ill themselves due to unexpected news.

Just keep doing what your doing!
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Just keep doing what your doing!
My dad (he's 70) is tough as nails and he has a humorous, almost bizarre approach to dealing with his condition, when he called me up yesterday to tell the bad news he said "I have good news, you"r going to be rich soon!", he just takes it one day at a time and I try to do this as well.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #24
Inner Circle

I am 71 and I think I understand your dad's logic a little more now than I did when I was younger. I often tell my wife that we do not need to leave a lot of money for our daughter to buy more shoes with !!!!

I wish them both well.

Keep doing what you are doing as it is the best for your health and indirectly theirs too.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #25
Inner Circle

I have been checking out the Fiverr website and it looks like a great recourse, was thinking about using a voice over for my next short, for a price of about 5 dollar that's something I really would like to try for my personal work.

The question I have is if I would borrow some from let's say, shakespeare, would the same laws apply as with music composers where (I think) after 70 years after they die you can use their music if you would compose it yourself. Would the same apply for authors of the written word if you would quote it in a film, either in writing or spoken?
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #26
Trustee

Noa,

First and most importantly, hang in there and do what ever you need to do while you go through your difficult time. Believe me, it is something I do know about. Both of my parents are gone. This last year I have seen more trauma and death then in my whole life, and I am 53! Before I logged on just now I was eulogising another good friend I lost. All therapy is good, no matter where you find it.

Second,
You are KILLING me! My professional shooting is so boring it is painful to watch sometimes. I look at your shorts and the artist in me starts screaming to get out. You have nothing but admiration from me. I can't shoot as well as you but as soon as I get a chance to get out of here I am going to shoot something just for me!

Third,
you guys are way ahead of me on the presets. I still have not had time to play with them. Your "look" this time is exactly what I want! Please verify, did you tweak PP5 in camera and post or is it PP5 tweaked in post only?

Fourth,
Actic Buterfly. A quick search found kits ranging from $125.00 to $300.00 U.S. Wow??? I currently use sensor swabs with the eclipse solution.

Fifth,
Chris, I will help you write the first for words of a narration poem, you can finish it..........Duck, Duck, Goose, Goose..... :) :) :)
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #27
Inner Circle

thx again for the supporting words all, means a lot. About the pp5 preset I used, I adjusted in post, I will have to come back to you in a few days on this one to show what exactly I"ve done. I edit in Edius just that you know.
That butterfly thing is ridiculous expensive yes, but it's very effective, with a blower dust might still land back on the sensor but it's worth a try and I didn't know you where a scriptwriter as well, you are a man of many talents. :)
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Just a reminder for who might have missed it, for those that like to see that Sahara film at a much higher quality, I have a 900mb file in a dropbox account for a few more days, just pm me and I"ll send you the link for download.
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #29
Major Player

It's "night and day" different to me... looks great!
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #30
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
Your "look" this time is exactly what I want! Please verify, did you tweak PP5 in camera and post or is it PP5 tweaked in post only?
So just the factory standard pp5 and a slight YUV curve change in edius + 20% extra saturation in the black and grey balance and 15% extra sharpness. The values in the yuv curve (the "y" part) are: (46,30)(75,64)(138,129)(212,196)
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)