New nex-ea50 film: Sahara - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #31
Trustee

Re: New nex-ea50 film: Sahara

Thanks for the details.

There had to be some luck involved in one of my favorite cuts??? The white goose flying way beyond the tree branches. How else would you have known to focus out there unless it there was others that came by first?

Quack, Quack!
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #32
Trustee

ooops...posted twice.

Last edited by Steven Digges; March 10th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Steven Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
There had to be some luck involved in one of my favorite cuts??? The white goose flying way beyond the tree branches. How else would you have known to focus out there unless it there was others that came by first?
Luck? What's that? I always work according to script, the goose had a copy.

I heard the bird taking of on the left side of me but I couldn't see it in the beginning through the trees (their wings make this distinct clapping sound when they hit the water), I just had a small window in front of me between the trees where I could see the water and little time to capture it so zoomed in manually on that point, (good thing I had the powerzoom set to off) focused using the magnifier, panned quickly left and started tracking the bird as soon as I saw it to the right. It was just a matter of a few seconds and it was gone. There was some luck involved.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
The video is also available for download from vimeo for those that want to pixelpeep, remember that it’s a lower quality then the original, on my big screen the native image looks very good. For those that are interested, you can drop me a line if you want to see the 1080p 50p master, I rendered a 35mbs 1080p 50p file (about 900mb) so I might place that on a dropbox account for those that want to download that.

Sahara on Vimeo
Hey Noa, is the offer to possibly see the higher quality version still a possibility? My Dropbox email is chrisdq82@gmail.com

I would really appreciate it!!!
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Hi, just shared the file with you, would be interested to know what you think about the image quality.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Luck? What's that? I always work according to script, the goose had a copy.

I heard the bird taking of on the left side of me but I couldn't see it in the beginning through the trees (their wings make this distinct clapping sound when they hit the water), I just had a small window in front of me between the trees where I could see the water and little time to capture it so zoomed in manually on that point, (good thing I had the powerzoom set to off) focused using the magnifier, panned quickly left and started tracking the bird as soon as I saw it to the right. It was just a matter of a few seconds and it was gone. There was some luck involved.
That is not luck. That's smart shooting. I was a pro sports shooter for many years. Yes, "the thing that makes the great shot" has to happen, but if your not ready and capable it is missed more than it is captured. Now that I am not shooting sports I get the biggest kick out of watching photogs on the sidelines. When the action explodes at the sidelines in front of them you will see three out of four with lowered cameras and shock on their faces but their will always be that one guy that never stops shooting. Who do think gets "the shot".

Steve
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Hi, just shared the file with you, would be interested to know what you think about the image quality.
hey Noa,

i love the image quality, but i do see the moire. but its weird that i never noticed it in vimeo when i played it on the same monitor. i know vimeo uses compression, but i never noticed it there.

anyways, i enjoy the image quality, but i still am not certain if i'll get this or the FS100. neither has ND filters, but the FS100 can see more in the dark... i like how the EA50 has that form factor though :-/ but i'll probably not usually use it for ENG stuff. it'll likely live on a tripod in controlled environments and then about 20-30% of the time need to go into the field for run & gun. *sigh*
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Here the fs100 is about 2500 euro more expensive then the ea50 so then I would expect it to perform better, If I would have had the cash I probably would have gone for a Sony fs100 or Canon c100 but for what I paid for the ea50 you do get a lot for your money.
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #39
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
That is not luck. That's smart shooting.
Let's just say it was a lucky smart shot :D
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #40
Unregistered Guest

Nice video! Too bad about the EA50 shortcomings, but you obviously worked around them.
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #41
Inner Circle

you can't expect a flawless camera for that price, if it was it would hurt the sales on several higher end and much more expensive camera, you often get what you pay for.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)