Camera malfunctioning - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #31
Trustee

Re: Camera malfunctioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cantwell View Post
i've bought two Sony cams from CVP and they were automatically registered for Prime Support.
Not that i'll be getting anything Sony from CVP for a while - got a mail today stating that they (Sony) are increasing their UK prices by 9.5% from the start of next month.
Ouch, they are well expensive already ...

So that means the EA50 will cost way more than it already does here in the UK!

Any one considering buying one - DO IT NOW!
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
I was under the assumption anything goes wrong, I contact CVP give them the camera, they then send it into Sony ??
As I'm not in the UK that is not an option to me. That's why I'm a bit eager to get the confirmation, so that when/if something goes wring, it's already dealt with.
I've had contact with CVP a few times regarding this, they're always super helpful but I still haven't gotten an email from Sony...
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri Zigany View Post
As I'm not in the UK that is not an option to me. That's why I'm a bit eager to get the confirmation, so that when/if something goes wring, it's already dealt with.
I've had contact with CVP a few times regarding this, they're always super helpful but I still haven't gotten an email from Sony...
This may be obvious as daylight but have you checked your junk mail folder?

As soon as customer services at CVP said they have registered my camera with Sony and that I would shortly be receiving an email, one actually came direct from sony within 15minutes.

It contained a large Sony image/advert. I had to click on the image, which took me to the registration site with most of my details already pre-filled. I just had to confirm my email and phone number and hit submit once reading the terms & conditions.

Took less than 30 seconds.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Hi guys, just wanted to add into the mix that my Sony email didn't come until about 2 weeks after I had my camera.

Might be worth contacting Sony in your area.
Matt Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)