looking hard at the VG10 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Williams View Post
IWould that bring vignetting back into the equation?
Not sure.

Bit of a minefield to be honest.
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #77
Major Player

My understanding was that we didn't have to worry about vignetting using slr lenses because of their increased size. Presumably, if you start plugging in lenses intended for micro four thirds cameras vignetting rears its ugly head again.

Then again, this is something I'm similarly unsure about. Happy to stick with my kit lens, the 16mm e-mount, and a cheap 50mm 1.8 and 30mm f.2 for now...
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #78
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Williams View Post
My understanding was that we didn't have to worry about vignetting using slr lenses because of their increased size. Presumably, if you start plugging in lenses intended for micro four thirds cameras vignetting rears its ugly head again.

Then again, this is something I'm similarly unsure about. Happy to stick with my kit lens, the 16mm e-mount, and a cheap 50mm 1.8 and 30mm f.2 for now...
For my needs I think I'd like to try and find something wider than the 16mm if I can. There is a wide angle adaptor available for it but although I like the images and portability of the lens, I don't like the way I have to use it.

Likewise a longer telephonto might be handy. Perhaps a lower end zoom lens. And like you say, something around 30mm that's fairly fast would be nice.

The thing about lenses, e-mount aside, is you can take them with you and you should get most of your money back. Just had my eye on a Sigma zoom on Ebay that has only gone for about 40 quid less than the best price I can get one for new! A decent Nikon or similar is an investment in your business that you should get most of the money back on if you sell it.
Old December 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #79
Major Player

Exactly. The lovely thing about the NEX and micro four thirds systems is that were not tied to a brand in the way that true DSLR users are.

I've spent the last couple of weeks ebaying stuff as well. No doubt we shall end up duelling for the odd really sweet prime ;)
Henry Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900