Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U

I guess there's no easy answer to my questions.

All you guys and girls who use this camera professionally can look at a 1 page manual entry, and understand what to do to make the delivered picture look GREAT!

So... if the answer is RTFM - please tell me which page!

If the answer is Read the [much older camera] manual... which camera please, so I can go and ask the owners there - they may be more helpful.

I'm sorry to say this. I'm very disappointed by this community with the lack of ability to answer what I think is an easy question...

Ian
Ian McElroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U

Hi Ian,

As much as I can, I'll try to describe my technique with the NX5U.
There are many different approaches with settings on any camera. Ask 20 people and you may get 20 totally different answers.
Personally, I shoot very flat with my colors. If you look at my raw footage, you will probably be shocked at the lack of color coming out of the camera. Most of my color settings are done in Final Cut Pro and Apple Color. When I am shooting, I shoot all manual. I guess my setting all depend on the situation I am shooting in. I like to get deep blacks, so I am always careful of over exposure. use that Neutral Density. It is your friend in outdoor situations. I wish I could point you to a page in the manual to give you the answers you need. But to be honest, my manual is still sealed in the box my camera came in. Never looked at it. Get out in new situations as much as you can, test every preset you can find online, bring your footage into post and play with color correction. You'll be amazed at what you will be able to transform from blah to brilliant.
Good luck. Hopefully other will chime in with some answers you seek.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders