Light Flickering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old June 8th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Light Flickering

Hi Guys,

Maybe any advice on solving this problem. The lights flicker when i use the camera inside the church were i go to. This is the first time i was using the camera to test it in the environment. Here is the link to the video that shows it flickering
. I was using a Tamron EF 28-75 F2.8 with the metabones v1. Please assist on how to solve this problem. Thank you everyone in advance
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Light Flickering

Is your shutter set to 1/60 sec.? If not, do that first and see if you still have the problem.
John Mastrogiacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Major Player

Looks to me like the camera is adjusting exposure automatically by varying the shutter speed.
As John says, set the shutter speed to 1/60th (assuming the location is in the US) and keep it there.
There was one interesting moment when the camera was zoomed in on the fluoro bulbs and one of them seemed to be flickering more than the others, indicating a possible problem with that bulb or ballast -- though my sense is that most of the general flicker you see is from the camera arbitrarily setting shutter speeds...
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I will do that and i will let you know what i get when testing it with shutter speed of 1/60. Now let me see how do i set it to that shutter speed. Yes the location is in the USA, Los Angeles, California. Also what is the recommended frames rate to use with the camera in that building in the test i am going to test it again today @ 30p and 24p 1/60. I should be a.pro on this camera before the end of the month. I have th vertex video for this camera

Last edited by Lico Francisco; June 8th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Lico Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The 1/60 work. Now my next question or problem is this. The audio on input 2 is really low on volume. I have left it on audio. I left th input 1 on input1and input2 at input2. On the camera I ca hear the audio loud but when I transfer it to my PC and premiere pro cs5.5 volume is low barely can hear it. I just can't increase the volume on input2. But in final cut x pro I was able to raise the volume. In the menu the xlr is set to separate instead of linked. I would like to use both input especially for testimony. Two people. Any advice.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #6
Regular Crew

"The audio on input 2 is really low on volume"

First, make sure you have input 2 set to mic and not line.

Second, in the MENU>AUDIO SET>XLR SET>INPUT2 TRIM Make sure INPUT2 TRIM is set to 0.

Report back with results. Good luck!
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I follow the instruction and everything was set already that way. Here is the thing. I can hear it loud and on the camera. But when i use Adobe premiere or play it through quicktime the audio is not hearable. Through VLC i tweaked the settings and now i can hear the audio loud and clear. Also Under Final Cut x i can hear the audio as long as i choose analyze and fix audio problems and Separate Mono and group Stereo audio and i am able to hear the audio when it is done importing the clip over. I use adobe premiere every time for video. Should i leave the audio linked when i do the interviews or change it both inputs to input 2 and then switch back. But i would like to know how to fix this or change the settings. I hope someone can help me or someone here in Los Angeles, California that uses both input and find out how they have it set up. Well i hope there is a solution to it. I guess i have to live with it for now.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Regular Crew

LIco,

I use PP also. Is there anyway you can post a sample or send me an email with a sample attached?
My email is spectravideo@cox.net
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I will upload to dropbox tomorrow and provide you the link
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Lico,

I checked the link you sent me. There is no audio on the left track. I checked it with the latest versions of PP and Audition.

Please try to do another test on the FS100 only using the left input. Make sure to only monitor the left input only. If the test fails, try it with another microphone and cable.

If I were having this problem, this is how I would test it. You have to start eliminating everything until the only thing left is the camera.
John Mastrogiacomo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta