DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   VX & PD series battery / batteries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/1157-vx-pd-series-battery-batteries.html)

Tom Hardwick March 21st, 2007 02:07 PM

My oldest VX2k went this way. Easiest get-around is to fit a big battery (970?) and leave it there for ever - charging it on camera.

Duane Burleson March 21st, 2007 10:16 PM

In the upper right area of this exploded view you find two batteries marked BT801 and BT802. Further down is a notation about BT801 and 802. It looks like they are installed within the handle of the pd-170.

http://www2.sonysupport.com/PF/POV04...pperhandle.PDF

Duane

Grant Harrington March 30th, 2007 08:18 AM

Batteries for VX2100

I've got two L-series Li-Ion batteries from an old Sony TRV-540 (L330). Is there a reason to not use them on the VX2100? They aren't listed in the manual, but they are Li-Ion and L series.

I know they won't have a long life for filming, but maybe they could serve as a backup for finishing up a shoot if need be.

Thanks,
Grant

Mike Rehmus March 30th, 2007 05:18 PM

If they don't say Info-Lithium on them, they won't work. But if you install them, the camera will tell you very quickly if they will or won't.

Grant Harrington March 30th, 2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Rehmus (Post 651674)
If they don't say Info-Lithium on them, they won't work. But if you install them, the camera will tell you very quickly if they will or won't.

Thanks. They are InfoLithium, L series, so I've got two extra "free" batteries (the old 540 camera has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust). I was more concerned with a voltage issue, but since they are Sony batteries, I should be good to go.

Thanks,
Grant

Nelson Cole April 5th, 2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Harrington (Post 651759)
Thanks. They are InfoLithium, L series, so I've got two extra "free" batteries (the old 540 camera has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust). I was more concerned with a voltage issue, but since they are Sony batteries, I should be good to go.

Thanks,
Grant

It seems I'm in the same boat as you, Grant. I've got an InfoLithium battery from my old TRV-230. It's an M series, apparently. I hope it works with the new VX2100 I'll likely be buying.

Grant Harrington April 6th, 2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Cole (Post 654844)
It seems I'm in the same boat as you, Grant. I've got an InfoLithium battery from my old TRV-230. It's an M series, apparently. I hope it works with the new VX2100 I'll likely be buying.

M-series won't work. I've got three of those for my current cameras (two TRV-840's) and I just tried putting it in the VX2100 and it is physically different at the base where it sits in the camera back of the VX2100.

Grant

J. Stephen McDonald April 20th, 2007 12:53 AM

I have a 6-year old digital still camera with the same problem. The internal battery or capacitor it uses to keep the memory going has become senile. However, I find that if I keep batteries in it most of the time, I can take them out for about 1 day, before it starts having "senior-moments" again. I've had a VX2100 for 3 years and it hasn't lost this function yet.

I wish I could plug a battery into my brain, to keep my own memory topped-out. Today, some forget-me-nots bloomed in my yard and for several minutes I couldn't remember what they are called.

Manny Caras June 13th, 2007 11:26 PM

Which generic battery for pd170?

Hi folks,

I need to get an extra (or 2) sony 970 batteries for my pd170. I have been looking at ebay and seen some "generic" brands for around $40 (sometimes cheaper).

Has anybody used any of these?

Are these batteries ok to use?

Do they show the exact minutes left ?

Some come with a charger, can I use this charger with my sony "originals"?

thanks

Manny.

Maurizio Amelotti June 14th, 2007 03:26 PM

Hi, i have a PD150 with a couple of generic 970 plus an original. The cheap battery (purchased on Ebay) works fine, no problem at all, same record time of original brand.

Manny Caras June 16th, 2007 12:29 AM

Thanks for your reply maurizio..but I heard or read somewhere that on the pd 170 some of these batteries don't work...has anybody out there experienced this?

manny

Maurizio Amelotti June 16th, 2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Caras (Post 697550)
Thanks for your reply maurizio..but I heard or read somewhere that on the pd 170 some of these batteries don't work...has anybody out there experienced this?

I'm sorry but i don't know problems about generic battery on 170, i confirm my positive experience on my 150 with generic brand just picked on the bunch of ebay sellers.

Richard Zlamany June 17th, 2007 12:28 AM

No name generic batteries at Ebay work on my 2100 & pd170. However, the brand Impact bought at BH do not work with either cam.

The Ebay batteries last 2 to 3 times less than the Sony's.

Adi Head September 23rd, 2007 05:54 PM

3 Questions: Battery dying on me / Settings reset / Cleaning tape head

I bought an my PAL PD-150 about 4 years ago and it has served me faithfully.

Recently I've been running into some problems. Three problems to be percise:

1. My Sony InfoLITHIUM L - NP-F960 battery (also about 4 years old) has been running out after only about an hour of normal use. Even if used immediately after being fully charged and in warm weather. It would usually last for at least 9 hours, with zooming, rewinding, the works - but now it just empties real quick. The display in the camera shows the battery has hundreds of minutes left on it, then suddenly I get the flashing "Low Battery" warning, and within a couple of minutes, it just completely dies on me.

2. This next problem happens once in a while, with no apparent pattern to it. I'll be in the middle of a shoot and have my preferred settings on the camera - custom white balance, auto shutter OFF, NR OFF, some custom presets, etc. I'll take a break and turn my camera OFF. Getting back to the camera after the break and turning it back ON, I'll find that all settings and presets have been reset to the default settings. This can happen when switching batteries, following an automated switch off after being idle, or in any other situation where the camera is turned off and back on again. Real bummer.

3. When starting to record something, I'll sometimes get a message saying something like "Cleaning Tape Head", or something else in that manner. Nothing else doesn't appear to happen. I press stop and then record again and everything seems to be back to normal. Just curious to know if this might mean something I should be aware of.

That's it. Those are my burning questions... will be grateful for any informative replies.

Thanks!

Alex Dolgin September 23rd, 2007 06:26 PM

The Li-Ion batteries do not last much more than 4 years, it is time to get a new battery.
HTH