DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   VX & PD series battery / batteries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/1157-vx-pd-series-battery-batteries.html)

Dan Tolbertson January 2nd, 2004 06:56 PM

Simply an observation. You slam on people for "buying into" Sony Marketing and basically say that we are stupid to pay the price Sony asks for these. I for one own a PD150 and have invested a considerable chunk of quality money down on a quality product and the last thing I wanted to do was shave off a few bucks and buy cheap batteries. I only use Sony batteries with my camera and my observation was that it sounds like you now will to.

I just thought it was kinda funny and ironic as you were slamming people for buying them and trying to make people feel stupid for spending thier money foolishly and now you have to also.

Welcome to the Sony Battery club.....

Mike Rehmus January 2nd, 2004 07:44 PM

OK, sounds like that is enough.

Charles French April 12th, 2004 06:14 PM

Battery charger needed ASAP

I've lost my charger that came with my vx2000. Where is the best place to get one like right now.

thanks, charles

Chris Hurd April 12th, 2004 08:43 PM

Here's a third-party dual bay charger for $50. You can read a review by our own Mike Rehmus at this link. If you're looking for the original Sony part, our sponsors can get that for you but the price typically hovers around $150. Hope this helps,

Mike Rehmus April 12th, 2004 08:52 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : Here's a third-party dual bay charger for $50. You can read a review by our own Mike Rehmus

And it is still working very well, BTW. I'd recommend it over the Sony unless you really like the little LCD functions of their single-battery charger which I also have.

Lucas Hall April 15th, 2004 08:28 PM

NP-F960 is still the longest battery?

Is NP-F960 still the battery with most juice in it for Sony VX2100/PD170? My NP-F960 just died today, and I'm in search for whatever is best out there for my camera.
Thanks,
Lucas

Mike Rehmus April 16th, 2004 12:23 PM

I do believe it is the long-runtime champ unless you go to an external camera.

Paul Chun April 17th, 2004 12:04 AM

I recently purchased a 960 but noticed my older battery is actually a Sony 950. Anyone know what the difference is and if there is any difference?

Mike Rehmus April 17th, 2004 08:51 PM

I have one of each. The 960 seems to have more capacity than the 950 but that may be because the 950 is several years older.

Tom Hardwick April 18th, 2004 05:57 AM

I'm sure the 960 had a higher rated capacity within the same physical dimensions, and yes, it's the biggest one they do. It really is a powerhouse though - I'm impressed by how long the VX2k can continue with a 960 in place.

tom.

Mike Rehmus April 18th, 2004 09:38 PM

It takes a $1,000 battery for my DSR-300 to match the $180 battery for the PD150!

Law Tyler April 19th, 2004 12:16 AM

I always wonder how my DSR-250 which has the same CCD as the PD-150 supposingly, running the same miniDV tape, can consume apparently several times the power of the PD-150.

But then upon examining the mechanism of the tape drive, apparently the same drive that drive the larger DVCam tape is transformed to drive the miniDV tape, which I presume is the main reason for the large power use.

BTW the BP-M100 I bought is performing as advertised. Did half dozen shoots so far with it, longest at five hours. No more worrying about running out of battery in the middle of a shoot, plus it balance better by "pulling down" more behind in the shoulder-mount position.

Ray Echevers May 26th, 2004 09:44 PM

Separate Battery Chargers, Camera Bags

What's a good place to get a battery charger for the VX-2100 batteries (L series I believe), and also a good place to get a great camera bag for the VX-2100?
Any recommendable bags?
And which (sony) separate charger is the best?

Jeff Donald May 26th, 2004 09:55 PM

Check out our sponsors (use the link in my signature). I like the Kata Shell-03 I recently reviewed this product and it is outstanding. I used in with one of our schools vx2000's (and GL1, DVX100) and it worked better than I ever expected. The best protection from shock (dropping) I've seen in a case of this size.

Steve McDonald June 4th, 2004 02:13 AM

I recommend the Sima SPM-13 charger for the Sony NP-F batteries. It also charges the NP-FM series without an adaptor. It comes with 3 adaptor trays for charging most brands and types of 7.2 volt and 3.6 volt lithium camcorder batteries.

I've had mine for over 3 years and it charges moderately fast. It charged an NP-F960 in 3 hours, 15 min. The NP-F350 that came with my VX2100 charges on it in 1 hour, 8 min. It gives 3 ear-blasting beeps when finished, that would raise the dead. I've also used a Sima SPM-10 for 8 years for Ni-Cad and NiMH batteries. Both of these have worked great for me. Their cost was about $40., each.

You can buy this direct online or by phone from Sima or perhaps get a better price from a mailorder dealer.

http://www.simacorp.com/products/ite...8fb897d&id=390

How many people knew you can charge your Sony NP-F batteries in the back of your GV-D series mini DV and Digital8 VCRs?
That is, with models 200/300/800/900. The newer DV model GV-D1000 uses and charges the smaller NP-FM series batteries. However, they do it much more slowly than the Sima SPM-13 charger.