Help with PD170 problem! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #1
New Boot

Help with PD170 problem!

I shot a concert tonight with a brand new PD170. Upon viewing the tape I notice image banding about 45 minutes into the event. It only lasts for 10 seconds or so, but had this been somebody's wedding vows I'd be history.

Some people clean heads on a new camcorder to remove any factory residue - I didn't. One would think if the heads were dirty the whole tape would be messed up - not just 10 seconds. My guess is that it's a tape quality issue.

I was recording in DV mode with a new Sony DVC 60 minute premium tape. My knee jerk reaction is to run 10 seconds of head cleaner through the machine then switch it over to the more expensive Panny 63 MQ mini DV masters.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!!

Jim
Jim Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #2
Trustee

shit happens......

i would hazzard a speck of dust? have to say have had very few problems with any sony tape (upto three passes - there after use with caution)

don't panic (unless it happens with regularity, and then you'll have every right....)

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion