Shipping Date for the EX - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 8th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #31
Major Player

There is a separate 12v input and you have to remove the battery, so no dummy required.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Waters View Post
I take it the SxS cards are compatible with the UK model.

What about the 0.8X Wide Angle Adapter, Battery and SxS Memory Reader?

they are much cheaper in the States too.
It's all identical.

The only thing that would put me off is the warranty. Any problems and it is back to the states with it. In the UK you get a loan unit if it takes longer than ten days to fix.
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:16 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Yeah I know your right Phil.....2K is a fair hit to take but the whole warranty thing makes me stop from just going for it.

Would be a different thing if talking about say a Canon 1D Mark III which would be handier ship back.....but a camcorder....too dicey.

Time to bite the bullet.....the EX1 is worth it though.....will buy my cards in the States though.

Thats a thing.....I seen the Mods telling off a guy from tipping about cheaper places to get it in earlier posts. As this is an American site pushing American suppliers.....where is the Europeon "Partners" websites or are there any??
Alan Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:38 AM   #34
Trustee

is it two thousand pounds or dollars difference?

The other thing is of course actually getting hold of one. I think they are going to be pretty scarce to start with. I was told my supplier in London will get first 6 out of 100 on Friday with another dozen to follow the week after. All of their hundred have been allocated.

Interesting to see that videogear.co.uk, one of the dvi sponsors have such a cheap price. Which is odd considering they are not even official Sony dealers and therefore have to buy their stock FROM the official Sony dealers. Can't see how they can be doing them so cheap...

The warranty thing is an issue, but when my B&H photo purchased HDV vtr deck failed I sent it to New Jersey for repair and had it back within two weeks. Sure the customs thing and fedex costs are a pain but perhaps it could work out well...how long is the warranty for this camera in the states?
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
The choice now is wheather to buy in UK, Europe or take a chance on a US one....I have someone to buy it for me and take it back if needed.

the UK price looks like converting to around 6,600 EUR and the US 4,567 EUR...thats a lot of lifference.

Thing stopping me jumping for it right away is things going wrong with it and having to ship it back to person who purchases it for me (messy messy) and US power cables.
You can get one in the Netherlands for €5199 incl 2 8 GB cards and no messy cables... It's still not as cheap as in the US but it's 1400 euro's cheaper plus a lot closerby.
Jeroen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Wolf View Post
You can get one in the Netherlands for €5199 incl 2 8 GB cards and no messy cables... It's still not as cheap as in the US but it's 1400 euro's cheaper plus a lot closerby.
Please don't mislead people - the EUR 6,600 is a Gross price (VAT included), while the Eur 5200 is VAT exempt. Anyway, it IS cheaper indeed - but certainly not by 1400 Euros!
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:53 AM   #37
Regular Crew

It is neither Phil......it's 2k euro difference.

videogear works out at 6,374 eur which is a bit cheaper but not a lot.
cards work out at 674 eur white 596 in the US.

Hope the shortage does not last too long because the clock and interest start ticking on my credit from next week.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #38
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
I seen the Mods telling off a guy from tipping about cheaper places to get it in earlier posts. As this is an American site pushing American suppliers.....where is the Europeon "Partners" websites or are there any?
Refer to http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors

We have a very good UK / EU dealer listed there. I may add more in the near future.

I started this site as a way to escape the "cheap" mentality. Buying cheap is not a very smart thing to do. Quite often, when you buy "cheap" you'll actually wind up spending more money and time while experiencing more grief and frustration than you would if you had simply bought from a solid, reputable dealer.

Our sponsor's prices are already low, and they're realistic.

Plus, our sponsors make this site possible. Therefore I refer all where-to-buy questions exclusively to them. If all you want is "cheap," there are plenty of other sites on the web for that. Cheap can be a rip-off and that's the primary reason why we don't speak "cheap" on this site.

Please support the dealers which support DV Info Net. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
It is neither Phil......it's 2k euro difference.

videogear works out at 6,374 eur which is a bit cheaper but not a lot.
cards work out at 674 eur white 596 in the US.
the reason I went with buying here was simply zero percent finance over two years
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Well three things....

Firstly I really like this site and it is one I visit every day so well done on creating it and providing a wealth of information to all of us users.

Secondly If I wanted cheap I'd buy a handicam second hand.....considering spending 4k-6k + on a cam and not trying to get the > best deal < ..ie "cheap"er than the VAT rates etc here is just plain silly.

Thirdly.....I cannot spot any europeon sponsors here??

Abel CineTech
Los Angeles CA
New York NY

B&H -- The Professional's Source
New York NY

DSC Laboratories
Mississauga, ON

DV Creators eStore
Seattle WA

Focus Enhancements
San Jose CA

Kessler Crane
Plymouth IN

Marine Visions
Houston TX

Omega Broadcast
Austin TX

Schneider Optics

SkyCrane -- The Mini-DV Camera Boom
Costa Mesa CA

TapeWorks Texas, Inc.
Houston TX

VASST
Stockton UT

VideoGuys.com
Glen Cove NY

ZGC Motion Picture Film/Video Sales & Service
Mountain Lakes NJ

Zotz Digital
Grant's Pass OR
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #41
Trustee

there is a uk sponsor. Its videogear.co.uk. why it isnt listed in sponsors you need to ask Chris Hurd.

But they arent official Sony dealers so not ideal for buying an xdcam ex from
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Refer to http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors

We have a very good UK / EU dealer listed there. I may add more in the near future.
Chris,

I may be overlooking it but I really cant find videogear or any other european dealer listed in that link.

It would be a great idea to add non-UK dealers too due to the GBP/EUR rate. Hope you find them because I really searched for them and didnt.
Paulo Figueiredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #43
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Figueiredo View Post
I may be overlooking it but I really cant find videogear or any other european dealer listed in that link.
What the heck? You're not overlooking anything -- it's not even there! Boy do I have a lot of work to do.

At any rate, I was referring to http://www.videogear.co.uk/
-- also http://productiongear.co.uk/ -- hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
i have been told to expect my ex1 on Friday...could this be possible?
Did you get it Phil?
Paul Ramsbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #45
Regular Crew

Got a call from the vendor I pre-ordered from, they were told ex1 will ship on 19th to them and I am early enough on the list to get one from that shipment.

Should see either just before or just after thanksgiving.

Memory card 499 8gb 899 16gb and larger batteries available!

Chuck
Chuck Wall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds