Shipping Date for the EX - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #46
Major Player

Just got that same call.

Excellent news.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ramsbottom View Post
Did you get it Phil?
am told next week now!
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ashley View Post
"Camcorders will ship to dealers next week"
Assuming you just got that email from Lee, it's actually slightly different information. Chuck's vendor said they would ship to dealers wc 11/19, Lee is saying they will ship wc 11/12, which would be very good news for me (unless dealers are embargoed for customer ship until the 19th).
Paul Ramsbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ramsbottom View Post
Assuming you just got that email from Lee, it's actually slightly different information. Chuck's vendor said they would ship to dealers wc 11/19, Lee is saying they will ship wc 11/12, which would be very good news for me (unless dealers are embargoed for customer ship until the 19th).
I asked Lee and he said this:

Sony ships about 11/15, we receive about 11/20 and ship to you; you receive the week of 11/26 due to the Thanksgiving delay. Cards ship about the same time.

Lee

-Winston Ashley
Winston Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #50
Trustee

I've been told ours should ship next week !
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #51
Regular Crew

The suspense is killing me.

Steven, if you are willing, I'd love to know who you bought from (email me offline in case it is not a DVinfo advertiser) and exactly what you were just told.
Paul Ramsbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #52
Regular Crew

They are on the way. Here is an email from my contact at a place which shall not be named. If you need to know the source, email me.

Ashley,
Sony just confirmed cams shipped by ground 11/16 from Carson, CA. With the short week that means we get them on 11/26 and start shipping on 11/27. Thanks for your patience.

Lee Drady
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #53
Trustee

maybe us Britishers who dont have that "Thanksgiving" thingy (hope your harvest season was plentiful) will get ours first so we can be smug for a few days!
Old November 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ashley View Post
They are on the way. Here is an email from my contact at a place which shall not be named. If you need to know the source, email me.

Ashley,
Sony just confirmed cams shipped by ground 11/16 from Carson, CA. With the short week that means we get them on 11/26 and start shipping on 11/27. Thanks for your patience.

Lee Drady
Winston,

so your camera will ship from California (not far from where you are) to Chicago and then back to Arizona? That sucks!!! At least mine has to go to the east coast and not back across again!!!

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #55
Major Player

My camera is shipping from Carson, CA to Chicago and back to Los Angeles.

Carson is about 10 miles from me. Tragic!
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Weber View Post
Winston,

so your camera will ship from California (not far from where you are) to Chicago and then back to Arizona? That sucks!!! At least mine has to go to the east coast and not back across again!!!

Dan Weber
I know! Its better than NY. Maybe I will rush it.
Old November 19th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #57
Major Player

Mine's coming tomorrow! I had a call from my supplier who said that they ordered a load but that only 18 had been sent to the UK so far and that they received only 1 of the 18. Apparently I was the first to pre-order so it's on it's way :)

I'll try and get some comparison footage together to show any differences between the EX1 and my XH-A1.

Paul.
Old November 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #58
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Joy View Post
Mine's coming tomorrow! I had a call from my supplier who said that they ordered a load but that only 18 had been sent to the UK so far and that they received only 1 of the 18. Apparently I was the first to pre-order so it's on it's way :)

Paul.
Congrats Paul! I'm also supposed to be high on a UK supplier's list; can you drop me an e-mail who you're buying from? When does he expect the next batch?

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; November 20th, 2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: typos
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #59
Major Player

Spoke to my store in Melbourne who told me that they had originally expected them this week however had been told by Sony to expect: 1 - delays; and 2 - an extreme defeceit in stock.

He said they were not getting anywhere near the amount of stock that people had ordered. Originally he had assured me that I was in on the first shipment but now he cannot guarantee anything. So who knows when us poor Australians will get them...

What was it Jerry Seinfeld said about Australia being the... something... of the world?

He also told me that a friend of his who runs a place in England had 100 orders placed and they only received a stock of... wait for it.... 2!!! That's it.
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #60
Major Player

John,

Which store in Melbourne?

email me if you want.

Vaughan
vbwood@optusnet.com.au
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds