First XDCAM EX3 Review - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #316
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
But if one is into the CD Flash for all different reasons (50/100 Mbps, 4:2:2), then the added bonus of flipping the image could be taken advantage of...
It's pretty small too 106x94x36.
David C. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #317
Regular Crew

EX3 & HD Q's

Hi Phil and Everyone Else!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your contributions to the discussions of these cameras, the EX3 and EX1. I've been following your previous reviews of other cameras and kit as well and it is a valuable service you're providing for us all.

I'm quit keen on the EX3. They're just now available in the region so I'm strongly considering this move. For a small Indie company like mine based totally out in the sticks, it seems the most affordable HD option thus far.

I do have a few questions though and I'm hoping that some of you may be able to help:

1. I'd like to see the EX3 set up for full shoulder mounted ENG work (matt box & rails, battery bracket on the back which could also hold with audio, the external drive or the Convergent Design Nano). Have you or anyone you know set this up yet? I'd love to see it, and here which components up the kit overall. I've seen it on the JVC 24p hdv camera and it feel solid, though I still don't like the camera itself.

2. On the subject of Convergent Design. Have you or anyone else used the flash recorders they're promoting at HDV To HD-SDI Video Converters Professional Video Equipment HDMI To HD-SDI Television Studio Equipment and what are your opinions? Is it your opinions that this is the best way to get full raster HD 422 with this camera?

3. Finally, as an Indie working in a far flung region of the world and a developing country, we've been hoping for a reasonably priced full HD entry point kit that would give us full broadcast yet not break the bank. In your opinion[s], will the EX3 have full broadcast acceptance?

Thank you very much guys.

Best regards,

Joe
Joe Yaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #318
Major Player

Not yet ...

There is a pic up on the cinevate site with shoulder mount, mattebox, etc with an EX1. As for convergent design's equipment, none have hit the market yet. You could use AJA IO now to do something similar (not set on the rig) however i.e. 4.2.2 ... someone will come up with a full kit pic soon!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:14 AM   #319
Major Player

Congrats Phil on your EX3 purchase. Your video review helped me purchase mine. I've been using the EX3 for almost a month now and I am really happy with it. It's by far the best camera I've ever operated. I love your work, your eye, your editing, and your taste for music. I know the EX3 will be a great tool for what you already do. If you are ever in the Northern California area and need a hand or an additional camera, I'm at the ready.

Regards, Larry Huntington
TLH Video/Sound Productions
http://www.tlhvideosound.com
Larry Huntington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds