Buy an EX1 now (June)? Or wait until July? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hopefully not. I've read that the later models fix vignetting and the internal nd's/backfocusing problem.
Gabriel Florit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyvind Stokkan View Post
get on a plane to NYC =)

In fact, it's actually A LOT cheaper to fly to New York from Norway just to get the camera. It's about 12000 USD here in Norway. Crazy country.

You americans say gas is expensive now? Try here ;) almost 30$/litre

Crazy stuff

Yeah - and Norway is a net producer of crude oil. Oil companies cash in now like no tomorrow. The rest trying to play the oil card to justify price increases...ridiculous.

Anyways - one only can expect EX1 price cut only once a competitor will be about launching a similar product.

hello Pana, hello Canon - waky waky!!
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:17 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
There may be a few nearly new second user EX1's around when the EX3 comes out.
Alister, consider me as buyer of your unit once it happens ... errmm..at US price of course:)
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Anwender View Post

The new XDCAM EX products are expected to be available in the third quarter of 2008. Pricing is as follows:

• PMW-EX3 – suggested list price less than $13,000
• PMW-EX30 – suggested list price less than $6,000
• PHU-60K – suggested list price of approximately $1,200
Errmm...what is PMW-EX30? Never heard about that....
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #20
Major Player

The EX-30 is the SxS deck.

Quote:
The PMW-EX30 deck is a highly versatile and affordable compact recording deck, and can be used for many different applications. It allows simple viewing of recorded materials with a monitor, dubbing to other format/media such as HDV™, XDCAM HD and HDCAM™, and feeding to nonlinear editing systems. In addition, the PMW-EX30 deck can be used as an affordable full HD recorder for event recordings - it can record HD signal outputs from a switcher.
George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #21
Trustee

i think there will be little price change. There is still a big demand for the ex1. A lot of companies buying them dont need or want the ex3 features
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #22
Regular Crew

it's here!

Hey Philip,

My EX-1 arrived today! I must say that my purchase decision was heavily influenced by your footage and your blog, your EX-1/LEX work is astounding. Next is the LEX/Zacuto/Zeiss purchases.. or should I saved up for the Ultimate... hmm...
Gabriel Florit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #23
Trustee

I would suggest getting the Ultimate, skip the zeiss lenses for now and get second hand nikons and get the new rails from Letus when they come out which will also be much cheaper than Zacuto.

This of course is advice if you are on a budget! Otherwise get Ultimate, Zeiss and Zacuto. The best of the best.

The Extreme is still great. But the Ultimate is way more flexible and better made.
Old June 7th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #24
Inner Circle

I totally agree with Pilip. What would pristine and expensive Zeiss lenses help, if you couldn't set back focus properly on your Letus? And the Extreme is very difficult and cumbersome in adjusting (and keeping) the back focus - unlike the Ultimate!

Also, I have the Letus rails and their quality doesn't leave anything to desire, so why pay more for Zacuto?

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; June 7th, 2008 at 03:25 AM.
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds