Cannot Focus (manual or auto) with PMW-EX1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Cannot Focus (manual or auto) with PMW-EX1

Resting on your desk!!! Well there's your problem right there!! It HAS to rest on a tabletop, NOT a desk!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm on my third lens since buying my EX1 in 2008, but it's been fine for more than two years now. Sorry yours screwed up.
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 04:45 AM   #32
Major Player

Re: Cannot Focus (manual or auto) with PMW-EX1

This same issue happened to me on Friday during the first dance at a wedding with my EX1R, full wide it was way out, all blurred, but zoomed into about half way I had full control over the focus, not a very happy person to be honest. I didn't know about stopping the camera and restarting it again to try and fix the issue. I went from full manual, pushed the focus ring forward to the auto mode and tried everything but it would not focus when full wide. My second shooter was using another camera as well thankfully.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds